LegacyGT.com

GI: 08-09 CF Whores click here!

Code

Hey guys,

I am wondering if anybody else is interested in a CF overlay to cover the chrome strip at the bottom of the taillights? I have PM'd R-Rev about this idea a few times and he says he's willing but there is not much interest. I can't believe this!

Does anyone else want to see this idea come to fruition? M Sprank, BrooklynGenius, all of my fellow CF whores? Help me out here guys!

Interested Parties:

1: Code

2: KurtP

3: M Sprank

4: brooklyngenius

5: veritas

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

just ask ppl who've bought cf overlays if they got leftovers. its only a small strip. or u can buy small piece from carbonfibergear.com or other site. u could prolli get away with their sample size or sumthin. i gave my leftovers to biginalegacy and i put scrap pieces on that chrome strip under the tails.

Ooo so this has been done! I have never ever worked with cf before so I'm totally uneducated about what I'm getting into. I'd like a nice clear-coated piece to cover that chrome.

Easy process? I'll check your link when I'm not on my iPhone. Thanks

I am in the process of getting a grill and eyelids from Jason. Still waiting for the hood scoop and interior dash pieces. The chrome on the tail lights never bothered me. But if the price is similar to the rear reflector overlays ($38) I am in. I am a CF whore after all, lol.

I also have reflector overlays and I thin this would be a great addition to them. I can't see it being a very expensive piece due to size and simplicity.

I also have reflector overlays and I thin this would be a great addition to them. I can't see it being a very expensive piece due to size and simplicity.

Reflector overlays......theres another one i want.

I want to get rid of the chrome, the reflectors, and the wing. add on a decent grill, a front lip, some jdm spats and im good to go.

$38 for reflector covers

I diy'd my grill and I love it w/ black powder-coated mesh=$50

still dunno about a lip for me but I appreciate the look

GOOD LUCK finding a wingless swap on this board

Let me know what that costs you when it's done. Everyone says it's cheaper to buy a new trunk and paint it. There something like eight holes to fill under that factory wing. Only white leggy in the tri-state area had a wing when I was buyin in July.

I say just give them a bit of light sand, then spray paint them matte black as I did when I tinted my tails. works a treat and takes next to no time.

example below, tint and spray painted on left side vs untinted and chrome on the right.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/GTB%20STI%20mods/011.jpg

Code,

With you, me and Kurt you have three. Start a list, get 5 and Jason will do it. He usually just wants five people to make an item. Seems small and easy, like the reflector covers.

Then tell him to hurry up with the lip, scoop, and interior. I already got crazy with the neffy wrap and don't like it. I don't want to waste any money on 3M dri-loc and have Jason come out with the real thing. I want my interior to be like an M3 (dry carbon everywhere), but I prefer real over vinyl.

OK, I'll add a list to my first post and PM Jason. I'll also PM Brooklyn, I'm almost positive that he'll bite on this too.

I pm'd him a link to the thread. I hope he's still interested in doing this. There is obviously support for this piece and it should be a pretty simple fab...

Archived