LegacyGT.com

what laptop do you use to tune and what didi you pay?

cryo

I use an HP 530 that I got a couple years ago, refurbished, for $500 or so. Probably about as powerful as a modern $300 netbook. :) Flashing and logging doesn't take much at all.

However it's nice (though not critical) to have a desktop PC with a comfortable chair and a big screen, for studying logs and tweaking maps.

Great input. I will still have my home desktop computer for regular needs, this laptop is specifically for the car. Good info on two usb"s, might have looked over that. Anyone have any experience with the apple laptops? They seem to be pretty available on eBay.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

I got a new laptop for work. Toshiba A505-S6965. Overkill for what's needed to run tuning software, but core 2 duo, 4 gigs of ram and ATI Radeon HD 4570 512mb kicks ass. But, it was also about $800 bucks...however, it was for work so I can't complain

Asus F50

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=WK24gxZ93gWWDyXY

Over kill but its the easiest thing to grab(my wife's netbook has a keyboard/mouse/monitor/external HD hooked up) Not only that my wife gets ticked off when I grab her computer.

I was thinking of setting up a car PC and just transfer the files with a thumb drive. Haven't heard of anyone doing this yet.

Older duo core Gateway laptop with Win7. It's mostly used for tuning and gauge display and has a composite (S-video) output to display to my oem nav screen. It also gets some use as a mediacenter for mp3s/videos on long trips. Has 4 usb which is ideal for my setup.

best buy has a deal on a 12.1 asus 1201HAB-RBLK001X netbook I am looking at for christmas for 329.00, any body have any input on it? If the netbooks dont come with a cdrom i can zip accesstunerrace and send it to my email, then download it onto the netbook.

Dave

Oh and it has 3 usb ports.

Intel®

Processor

Intel® Atom™

Processor Speed

1.33GHz

Battery Type

6-cell lithium-ion

Display Type

WXGA LED widescreen (1366 x 768)

Screen Size (Measured Diagonally)

12.1"

System Bus

533MHz

\Cache Memory

512KB on die Level 2

System Memory (RAM)

1GB

System Memory (RAM) Expandable To

2GB

Type of Memory (RAM)

DDR2

Hard Drive Type

SATA (5400 rpm)

Computer Hard Drive Size

160GB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

well i ended up going overboard and got a asus k50ij. win7 duo t6600, 2.2ghz processor ,15.6 monitor,320gb hd,4 usb ports, 4gb memory.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread....

Has anybody purchased a tuning laptop recently? Any recommendations?

I have a nice gaming desktop, so I'm just looking for the bare minimum necessary for a laptop/netbook for tuning and browsing the internet on my couch.

Archived