LegacyGT.com

car finally broken in but....

Ratcoon

i finally hit about 2k and decided to rip through all the gears. everytime i shift into second the car would accelerate then buck once then continue accelerating. its like my foot when off the gas pedal and stomped on it again.

i read about the stutter/hestation problem but this doesnt seem like it. the car just stops accelerating at 2nd gear around 4k stops then continues...

gonna bring it in to the dealer. will the dealer let me floor it with the tech with me to reproduce the problem???

gonna bring it in to the dealer. will the dealer let me floor it with the tech with me to reproduce the problem???

Like the techs don't floor these things themselves for fun :lol:

You can do whatever you want with the tech riding shotgun...it's your car! So long as you don't break the speed limit or drive erratically, they have no reason not to let you.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

That actually sounds like the stutter problem to me. My car did that once I was able to really drive it after breaking it in too. It's gotten much better now (at ~7500 miles). The problem is still there a little bit, but it's nowhere near as harsh as it was when I first noticed it.

What happens if one has engine management (Ecutek) but the stutter still happens?

If someone takes it to the dealer will they flash the ECU and then you lose the ECUtek tune?

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived