LegacyGT.com

I need a second key and key fob.

Hi.

I bought a 2005 legacy, earlier this month.

It only came with one key and one remote fob.

I found some instructions online how to program a second remote, and I found a remote for $20 from an Outback.

My question is wheres the best place to get a blank immobilizer key?

if i just had a regular key cut, would my car not work?

whats the difference with a valet key?

also anyone have any experience with one of those aftermarket switchblade type keys? My other car's key is that type and i would prefer to have the remote and key as all one piece for my subaru too.

Same thing here. I purchased a 06 2.5i last week and only 1 key. I ordered an all in one key from Fred beans for $65. It should be here end of the week and I'll have to take it to the dealer or auto locksmith to be programed. I called around the programing will be about $50

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

yeah ... unfortunately they are a bit pricey...but the dealership is you only option for getting a programmed key for the car...you can get a fob off ebay if you didn't already get one.

Switchblade keys you can search about ... a few members have them but i personally decided against it as an option.

• I Donated

Hey, another P10 -> LGT switcher! :)

I just got the all-in-one key. It's available from Fred Beans Parts, and they will cut it for you if you give them your VIN (although you still need to get the immobilizer programmed).

• 2 years later...

Just ordered 2 "All in One" key blanks. The manufacturers code matches the one on Fred Beans so I hope they are the ones with the immobilizer chips as they are not listed in the description :/ The local Autonation Subaru charges $45 flat and no charge for cutting:)

F.B. SKU #: 57497AG48A

eBay SKU #: 57497AG48A

Ones I ordered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/400397716903?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Correct One: http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/subaru-legacy-all-in-one-key.html

I think I did ok... But I know I'm about to get flamed if I didn't:/

Archived