LegacyGT.com

Heated Seats in 2.5i

I really want some heated seats in my 2.5i. Living in Colorado, it would be something to look forward to every morning when it's 30 degrees out.

Is there any way to get heated seats into the 2.5i? I'm assuming you would have to change out the seats all together, but do the cloth seats offer any heating elements or is it just on the leather seats that offer this?

Has anyone done this?

From my quick research, the 2005 is the only year that offers the non-limited GT with cloth interior. I also quickly found that the only interior color for the cloth was "dark grey tweed cloth." Unfortunately, I have the taupe interior, or tan in other words.

G-damn.

I put an aftermarket set of heated seats in my wife's 2.5i

It was'nt an easy install, but they work great.

Had to be careful around the side airbag and replace the factory hog rings that hold the seat cover in place with plastic zip ties

I would look for a shop that has experience with aftermarket heated seat elements and they should be able to get it done for you

At my shop I charge @ $250 per seat

Hope this helps

TOM

ok cool yeah im looking for a GT 2005 and up with a budget of about 20,000 dollars and I definatly want leather. Hoping to find on with miles under 40,000 but low 30s high 20s would be ideal

I really want some heated seats in my 2.5i. Living in Colorado, it would be something to look forward to every morning when it's 30 degrees out.

Is there any way to get heated seats into the 2.5i? I'm assuming you would have to change out the seats all together, but do the cloth seats offer any heating elements or is it just on the leather seats that offer this?

Has anyone done this?

This is a very common aftermarket option around my area. Ask your selling dealership if they offer such a thing. Living in Colorado, I don't think you'll find it hard to find a dealership that offers heated cloth seats.

FWIW, here in D.C. adding heat elements to both the front seats usually runs around $ 500 after labor.

Edit: the cost above reflects adding heat elements to your current seats so they function very much like the heated cloth seats in the base Outback 2.5i model. You do NOT have to swap/exchange seats.

This is a very common aftermarket option around my area. Ask your selling dealership if they offer such a thing. Living in Colorado, I don't think you'll find it hard to find a dealership that offers heated cloth seats.

FWIW, here in D.C. adding heat elements to both the front seats usually runs around $ 500 after labor.

Edit: the cost above reflects adding heat elements to your current seats so they function very much like the heated cloth seats in the base Outback 2.5i model. You do NOT have to swap/exchange seats.

Very cool. I will definitely have to look into that. Do you have any experience with the aftermarket elements? It would be sweet to have it all work out good, if not better, and go into factory controls!

Very cool. I will definitely have to look into that. Do you have any experience with the aftermarket elements? It would be sweet to have it all work out good, if not better, and go into factory controls!

Yep! The aftermarket elements basically mimic the functions of the stock heat elements found in the Outback cloth models w/ heated seats. The setup is also very stock-like in that the buttons for the heated seats sit in your "coin-cup" just in front of the cup holders.

If I come across a customer's vehicle that has had these installed I'll take a pic and post it up. In the meantime, get with you local dealers to see if it's something they offer.

• 2 years later...

Archived