LegacyGT.com

Programming key FOB remote

I bought an inexpensive FOB on E-bay. The directions that came with it did not work and the web site the seller pointed me to did not have directions for a Legacy.:mad:

I want to put this link out there again, because it has good directions for programming the remote on a 2005 Legacy GT and a bunch of others. :) It took me a little while to find the link here on the site, but it saved me a trip to the dealer. http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html I can only vouch for the 2005 GT directions. One tip I can give is that I did not have to turn the key all the way back to 'lock" 10 times as the directions state. I just turned it back to the 'off' position, and ended in the 'lock' position the tenth time, and it worked fine. Also, the FOB did not work right away after programming until I first tried my original FOB. Not sure if that was a glitch, or due to the fact that I did not have the FOB case snapped back together tight after I checked the battery.EDIT> I think the new FOB did not work at first because the key was still in the ingition. This seems to disable the FOBs.

• 4 years later...

Hey guys. I've got the 2007 liberty gt spec-b and i am trying to program my central locking key fob with the car. However, i have opened and closed the door then placed the key in the ignition and putting it in the ON to LOCK position 10 times within 10 seconds, but i don't get any electronic tones or buzzes to tell me that it has been placed into programming mode. in fact, nothing happens.

So i am wondering if that procedure applies to the 2007 model liberty's or is it just for 2006 and below

Any suggestions on how to program this central locking key fob?

Archived