LegacyGT.com

Had an accident yesterday...

SubieBlkOut

I was cursing through the Tech center yesterday driving pretty relaxed. I was following a lady in a Lexus SUV in the right lane when she started to slow down appearing like she was going to make a right turn with no signal so I changed lanes to the left lane to pass. Right before we got nose to nose she decides to make a left turn, no signal again, through my car.

Her front left hit just behind my passenger headlight and drug all the way down the right side of my car.: spin:

She was pretty cool about it but when she talked to her insurance agent that told her not to admit fault, I called the cops. She ended up getting a ticket and now gets to pay for my baby.

I am taking it to my auto shop tomorrow and we will see the extent of the cost. Definitely need a need front pass quarter panel, new rim, probably new door panels, we will see how bad the dents are, maybe a new front bumper and a lot of paint work.

IMG_0377.thumb.jpg.aa5d88156264839b6fb2cb70a5756152.jpg

IMG_0378.thumb.jpg.3a1b6552d6619ccb1cf360b6b8c20246.jpg

IMG_0379.thumb.jpg.3168e449056c88d2c8059a2256c18c29.jpg

Stupid women drivers... Glad no one was hurt. And your baby will get taken care of... At her expence. make sure to get a nice rental car while its in the shop as well...

Yep, old ladies should have to pass a driving test once a year where they have to do evasive driving to get their attention up.

Luckly I have my girlfriends 4 Runner since she can use one of the many family cars when she needs to.;)

Hell ive seen situations wher ethey are long time friends.. And puttin gthat $$ in the middle is still a BAD idea.

But I think there should be manditory retesting at certain ages. Shit once a decade after say 50 or 60. You want to tell me someone who learned how to drive at 16 and is now 76 knows much abuot what has happened in the last 60 FREAKING years... And new rules and shit... I mean these people were learning back when cars topped out at 40mph and most roads were barely built... LOL

I got in a motorcycle accident a few months ago (not at fault, young lady in a big van) and almost t-boned her. Didn't hit her but laid the bike over. She tried to take me and the state to court because she didn't think she was at fault because I didn't hit her. $9,000 (custom Harley...) and a canceled court date later...she was in charge of the bill :)

Archived