LegacyGT.com

ABS + CEL + Flashing Crusie Light = Calm Down

So I got stuck in the snow this morning at the end of my driveway. That was a first. I've never gotten stuck in the snow before with my Legacy. It wasn't even that deep. Maybe 5-6 inches. After I was clearly stuck. I noticed my ABS and Check Engine lights were on and my Cruise light was flashing. Then I notices that my trip odometer said Err 55. What the heck? That gave me quite the fright. You know that pre-diarreah feeling you get when you got about 90 seconds to play with? Yeah, that's what I got after seeing that. But eventually with help I got unstuck and was on my way to work.

Thankfully, I searched the forums here and found that it was because the speed sensors were reading funny from the being stuck. I think the reason I got stuck was mostly due to how low the treads were on my tires. But all is better now and all of those lights went off on their own.

I know this has been covered before, but I've never seen a post with photos. Here ya'll go. Hopefully this will ease the nerves and minds of other Legacy owners if this ever happens to them. And that everything will be alright. And most likely, it's nothing to worry about.

IMG00061-20110202-1102.thumb.jpg.1e63695b3b90b002b4eb49c43213e328.jpg

IMG00062-20110202-1106.thumb.jpg.ade777dabee1cffcff87f537f00781ec.jpg

LOL I had the same reaction last night when I was trying to get unstuck. Had those lights come on and was like shit I broke something. Then figured well ABS is on because I was trying to get unstuck and the sensors were getting clogged with snow. So just let it rest for the night went out this morning moved the car and all was good.

He probably started his car on an incline, mine shows lower than it actually is whenever I park on my driveway

52 mile per quarter tank? That's just how we roll in tha D.

Hahah.

But no, I did have it on a bit of a slope. But coupled with the fact that my commutes this past week have have been less than two miles round trip... With a 3-5 minute warm up. The mileage won't be great.

Well hello gentleman and/or ladies!

My 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT seems to be having a similar problem as described in this thread...

The only difference is I live in Texas and my car didn't get stuck anywhere. It sputtered a bit as a I was driving after a cold startup, and both the ABS, CEL, and cruise light was flashing as well as the "S" sport mode display.

I took it to Autozone and the error code reads P0301, P0302 and P0303 which is a misfire detected in cylinder 1, 2 & 3.

Other than that small stutter in very cold weather, the car seems to be running fine and I can't feel or notice any misfiring. I think I'll take it to the dealership and get it looked at, but based on a review of the threads on this forum it seems this problem has many cures, including replacing spark plugs, injectors, the catalytic converter, ignition coil, etc.

My plan is to get them to flush the system. I know there is some standard work that is supposed to be done at 60,000 miles (my car has 63k), so I think I'll do that, get them to reset the lights and hope the problem doesn't return. Is this a good idea? The dealerships 60k tune-up work where they do all the necessary maintenance costs about $400.

Well hello gentleman and/or ladies!

My 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT seems to be having a similar problem as described in this thread...

The only difference is I live in Texas and my car didn't get stuck anywhere. It sputtered a bit as a I was driving after a cold startup, and both the ABS, CEL, and cruise light was flashing as well as the "S" sport mode display.

I took it to Autozone and the error code reads P0301, P0302 and P0303 which is a misfire detected in cylinder 1, 2 & 3.

Other than that small stutter in very cold weather, the car seems to be running fine and I can't feel or notice any misfiring. I think I'll take it to the dealership and get it looked at, but based on a review of the threads on this forum it seems this problem has many cures, including replacing spark plugs, injectors, the catalytic converter, ignition coil, etc.

My plan is to get them to flush the system. I know there is some standard work that is supposed to be done at 60,000 miles (my car has 63k), so I think I'll do that, get them to reset the lights and hope the problem doesn't return. Is this a good idea? The dealerships 60k tune-up work where they do all the necessary maintenance costs about $400.

pm sent

I said that same thing. Even if I drive my car like a dick I still get at the least 57-60! Mine is a GT too.

He was parked on an incline.

But yeah in my 2.5i I usually go over the 100 mile mark by the first 1/4 and typically end up with 330-340 total miles when I fill up (somewhere around with an 1/8th of a tank remaining)

Hell, even driving it around winter with crappy gas and letting it warm up when it's -10 outside, I'm still around 80 miles at the first 1/4 mark

He probably started his car on an incline, mine shows lower than it actually is whenever I park on my driveway

thought this was fitting... YouTube - Daria = Diarrhea

Who would have thought that a post with diarrhea would get such a response?

I think I'll include diarrhea in every thread I start in the future...

At least then I know I'll get responses!

:lol:

usually after 3-4 restarts with some driving around the sensors will recalibrate and the lights will turn off on their own.

bruiser07, your issue is different from the one described by the OP, hopefully the pm from bmx045 sorts it out for you.

Archived