LegacyGT.com

Got $100 Subaru Gift Cert - What to buy?

So I got a $100 gift cert from my Subaru Mastercard. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow. What should I get? I'm thinking of waiting to get a second one and get something more expensive (performance part perhaps). Otherwise, I'll probably get some oil filters, engine coolant, wiper blade refills etc.

Anything else? Thanks!

I don't understand having this card there are so many cards with a better return rate thats more usable.

Oil filters the wiper blades suck!

what kind of cards would you give 3% on everything purchases? i have cards that give me 5% cashback on certain things but not everything.

3% is great if you can use it there are cards that give you 3% cash which I would rather have. I regularly have 5k CC bills every month. So for me its airline miles because the payback is better.

Yeah airline miles are probably better since Subaru/Chase cap how many points you can earn. I got this card so that I could put the money toward a new car. Now that Ive seen the new Impreza I might have made a mistake.

^ so which card do you have?

I have 2 primary cars an American Airlines car that gives 1 mile for every dollar and 1.5 for every dollar buying AA flights. It takes 15k miles for a flight. or about $13k for me. Figure a flight costs ~$350. Now you would receive 3% or $390 in Subaru dollars. For me I cant use that much subby dollars.

My other cars is an American Express Costco's card that pays 3% "cash"/ Costcos dollars. I know these will get used.

Whats the cap on the Subaru card for returns?

EDIT: I should add this $$ doesn't actually come out of my pocket its all expenses im reimbursed for.

Yeah airline miles are probably better since Subaru/Chase cap how many points you can earn. I got this card so that I could put the money toward a new car. Now that Ive seen the new Impreza I might have made a mistake.

haha i don't think i'll ever spend enough money to reach the cap. :lol:

btw, i'd just get a cash back card and use it toward the new Evo.

I have 2 primary cars an American Airlines car that gives 1 mile for every dollar and 1.5 for every dollar buying AA flights. It takes 15k miles for a flight. or about $13k for me. Figure a flight costs ~$350. Now you would receive 3% or $390 in Subaru dollars. For me I cant use that much subby dollars.

My other cars is an American Express Costco's card that pays 3% "cash"/ Costcos dollars. I know these will get used.

Whats the cap on the Subaru card for returns?

EDIT: I should add this $$ doesn't actually come out of my pocket its all expenses im reimbursed for.

Yeah thats what my dad does with his company. Its ridiculous how much I get to fly because of it.

The most you can get is $500 a year. And I think it expires after two years. And the interest rate is like %24.

I've seen Chase's ads for flexible rewards, don't know if the Subaru card qualifies for that.

I've had my Subie MC for almost 2 years now, and no credit limit increase - although 8K is plenty. APR is only 7.9%, lowest of all my CCs.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

nice, will probably get the STI pedals next time since i already spent it on oil filters and engine coolant yesterday. but it won't be long since we bought some plane tickets with it a few weeks ago. :)

oh, anyone has experience with those STI pedals? are they significantly better? how much do they cost usually?

Archived