LegacyGT.com

07, 08 Taillights Interchangable?

goBlue

The 08 Legacy's have much better looking taillights IMO. I was wondering if you could put the 08 taillights on an 07 without altering the body/bumper/trunk of the car. Will the wiring be pretty much the same? How much do you think the OEM ones will cost? Where can you get them from? Thanks!

+1 the tail lights do look better on the 08's

I do not know about the wiring and I don't think many will until they start selling a few and those guys start getting on the forums. However the taillights are much smaller and would need atleast rear bumper replacement, and possibly fenders and trunk lid.

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Subaru/Legacy/2008/legacy_01.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/EI/2007/Subaru/2007.subaru.legacy.20115952-E.jpg

It looks like it might be possible to do the swap with only a new bumper.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

it's so obvious that you'd need a new bumper or body work to swap the tail lights...

why do people need to start threads like this...

it's so obvious someone wanted to see if anyone else was cool enough to have this done. why do people need to be mean like that?

The 08 Legacy's have much better looking taillights IMO. I was wondering if you could put the 08 taillights on an 07 without altering the body/bumper/trunk of the car. Will the wiring be pretty much the same? How much do you think the OEM ones will cost? Where can you get them from? Thanks!

go for it, and report back when you let us know how much it costs and how much labor was invovled.

just trade your '07 for an '08. subaru needs your $$$ :lol:

Actually looking at the pictures it looks very possible that the only change needed might be the rear bumper. Notice the fender lines and you can see that they are identical and the only difference is where the lights are.
...sporting the hottest Legacy on the westside of my block:icon_bigg

the sheet metal and trunk lid look the same. The tail lights are vertically shorter, and the bumper cover compensates.

I would venture that tail lights and bumper cover swap would be all that is needed. Hopefully the tail light wiring plugs are not different, and it would just be a plug and play change (if the bumper is pre-painted)

go for it, and report back when you let us know how much it costs and how much labor was invovled.

nah its easier to just get the 07 JDM taillights when i travel to asia next time. :)

if you were being sarcastic. then :p

nah its easier to just get the 07 JDM taillights when i travel to asia next time. :)

if you were being sarcastic. then :p

the hell is the matter with you? i want a detailed report of cost of all parts and labor once youre done with your project,

Archived