LegacyGT.com

dash rattle at start of road trip

I have a folded felt furniture leg pad between the bottom of the windscreen and the tip of the dash. Weird object I know... but it works. You can find them at Home Depot on the hardware isle, it's what goes under a chair leg to keep it from scuffing the floor. What makes it perfect is that when you fold it in half it exerts a little spring force and dampens the chatter.

I have a folded felt furniture leg pad between the bottom of the windscreen and the tip of the dash. Weird object I know... but it works. You can find them at Home Depot on the hardware isle, it's what goes under a chair leg to keep it from scuffing the floor. What makes it perfect is that when you fold it in half it exerts a little spring force and dampens the chatter.

This. I did mine with a folded up piece of card stock though, still works fine

I have a folded felt furniture leg pad between the bottom of the windscreen. Weird object I know... but it works. You can find them at Home Depot on the hardware isle, it's what goes under a chair leg to keep it from scuffing the floor. What makes it perfect is that when you fold it in half it exerts a little spring force and dampens the chatter.

YEP! there is a small "nub" on the dashboard right near where it meets the windshield, near the VIN plaque and it will rub on the glass making a clicking or creaking noise. I tried the pillar, the vent applique near this rattling area, and none of them fixed it. I finally discovered the noise when we did the windshield in there and noticed the worn "nub" on the tip if the dash that was causing the rattle. I trimmed it down while the windshield was out and it fixed the problem. The felt would have worked perfectly!

Archived