LegacyGT.com

Installing Panel filter (K&N,Perrin, Cosworth) Effect Cobb Stage 1

izzy

i have the avo drop in, and christian @ cobb told me this: 'When I have tested any drop-in on the stock LGT intake, the car leans out by~.5 AFR. I would be cautious on running the car with a drop-in filter without a tune.'

based on what he msgd me, im thinking of taking it out until i get a protune or the like. ive ran the avo filter with both stg1 and stg2 cobb ots maps.

so to answer your question, it is probably best even w/ a drop in filter (stock intake).

not for an accessport. if you were OpenSource, yeah there's probably a place you could get one for free. but for the most part any AP tunes cost $$$$....I know Tuning Alliance does e-tunes for $75 so thats not too expensive, relatively.

Did having it effect the car in any way?

i have the avo drop in, and christian @ cobb told me this: 'When I have tested any drop-in on the stock LGT intake, the car leans out by~.5 AFR. I would be cautious on running the car with a drop-in filter without a tune.'

based on what he msgd me, im thinking of taking it out until i get a protune or the like. ive ran the avo filter with both stg1 and stg2 cobb ots maps.

so to answer your question, it is probably best even w/ a drop in filter (stock intake).

Did having it effect the car in any way?

i cant tell as i havent logged, but im eventually going to get a tune.

if i were to replace it w/ the oem paper, id miss the whoosh sound.

i cant tell as i havent logged, but im eventually going to get a tune.

if i were to replace it w/ the oem paper, id miss the whoosh sound.

I ran an AVO panel filter while cobb Stg. 1 for about a year. Zero problems. Not to say there couldn't be some lurking in there though. I recently switched back to stock paper filter because my AVO's seal separated and I felt it's time was through. I miss the extra whooosh a bit, but only when I'm listening for it. :lol: Still considering buying another AVO.

The Stg. 1 map notes from Cobb do say:

"Additional modifications such as an underdrive pulley or panel filter are still within the acceptable parameters of this calibration."

I've seen pretty lean condition on the AVO Panel on a stage 2.

Probably running very close to the limit.

I saw some AFR close to 12.5-13.0 so I think it's your call.

Car will probably run stronger since it's a little leaner, but I take safety more than HP for sure. :)

Cool! I guess I will be installing it!

I ran an AVO panel filter while cobb Stg. 1 for about a year. Zero problems. Not to say there couldn't be some lurking in there though. I recently switched back to stock paper filter because my AVO's seal separated and I felt it's time was through. I miss the extra whooosh a bit, but only when I'm listening for it. :lol: Still considering buying another AVO.

The Stg. 1 map notes from Cobb do say:

"Additional modifications such as an underdrive pulley or panel filter are still within the acceptable parameters of this calibration."

I've seen pretty lean condition on the AVO Panel on a stage 2.

Probably running very close to the limit.

I saw some AFR close to 12.5-13.0 so I think it's your call.

Car will probably run stronger since it's a little leaner, but I take safety more than HP for sure. :)

whats a safe afr range? according to christian @ cobb, the afr changes by ~0.5. that seems like a significant amount, but i dont tinker w/ those parameters, so im not sure.

anyways, im all about safety too, which is why im running the 91 map on 93 gas.

not for an accessport. if you were OpenSource, yeah there's probably a place you could get one for free. but for the most part any AP tunes cost $$$$....I know Tuning Alliance does e-tunes for $75 so thats not too expensive, relatively.

I just wanted to give T.A some good rep. He "made" me one and i have to say, its much better then the cobb stage 1. Thanks again T.A

Archived