LegacyGT.com

Radio skipping

First time Subaru owner here. I have a fully loaded 2015 Legacy 3.6 with everything but eyesight. Have had it for two months now.

About two weeks ago, started having an issue with the radio where it skips forward one station or back. This has happened to me when listening to XM and when streaming audio books over Bluetooth from my iPad in the iTunes app and the Overdrive app.

I do not listen to a lot of FM so I haven't seen if this issue happens then. When driving, under certain conditions that I haven't fully determined yet but seems to be triggered by bumps, the station will seek forward one or back one. Not to be confused with moving forward and back on the wheel as it's not moving between favorites.

Now it doesn't trigger with every bump and I live in the NY metro area so if it did, I could be my very own DJ mixing stations and songs.

Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't find anything wrong...

Not sure what to do next but this issue is really annoying.

Edited by locapacow

Post here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235686

These owners know Apple Phones, my expertise are with Andriods and Window Phones.

My understanding is that Iphone use usb connection while Android uses Bluetooth.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

You said you took it to the dealer already and they couldn't find anything, but it might be a loose connection or control.

Just off the top of my head and just guessing here, but maybe the steering wheel directional pad is being effected during bumps? Causing it to skip ahead or back? Might be loose or other, hit a bump and the jolt is making a connection with the d-pad.

Or, during the bumps, when the steering wheel is being jolted from the hand, someone is hitting the D-pad by accident.

All just pure guesses.

You said you took it to the dealer already and they couldn't find anything, but it might be a loose connection or control.

Just off the top of my head and just guessing here, but maybe the steering wheel directional pad is being effected during bumps? Causing it to skip ahead or back? Might be loose or other, hit a bump and the jolt is making a connection with the d-pad.

Or, during the bumps, when the steering wheel is being jolted from the hand, someone is hitting the D-pad by accident.

All just pure guesses.

i considered that so I drove right handed and replicated the same issue. When on XM, tapping the d pad moves between favorite stations. You'd have to press and hold the d pad to seek stations up and down which isn't what's happening.

Right after I left the dealer, the issue started back up a bit into the drive. I am going to try a different dealer and ask them to drive the car for more than a mile/5 minutes.

• 3 months later...

Did this skipping issue ever stop? Or did you find a resolution?

I just picked up my 2015 Legacy Limited less than 2 weeks ago and the same issue started happening to me yesterday.

It skips radio stations and also skips tracks when I'm playing a CD. it's extremely frustrating.

I've had this happening to me as well the last few days. I see this happening with FM stations as well. I'm curious as to what it could be. Going to the dealer would seem a bit of a lost cause since it happens so rarely.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone found a fix to this issue yet? I have just started having this issue in the past week which coincided with a big temperature change (from highs of 70s to 90s F). Also, the issue only occurs on my drive home from work, after my car has been sitting in the hot sun all day.

First thing that popped in my head was exactly what Paradox said. Seems like the steering wheel controls are getting too hot.

• 3 years later...

So I've had this problem for a few months. It mostly happened on left turns but occasionally on a bump. Switch songs on Google Play Music or tracks on audio books, change applications, scan radio stations or just change stations. I looked online and found ideas but no solutions. The other day, my wife noticed that the GPS power cord was lying across the audio system buttons. She moved it and the problem went away. It was randomly hitting the controls on the right side of the screen and making changes. I have a 2018 Outback. Love it and now I'm not swearing at the audio system. Given the prevalence of standalone GPS units or phones with USB cables I suspect that moving the cable will solve the problem. Good luck

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

The previous poster suspects a random cable that everyone has a stand-alone GPS.

To be clear, I had built in GPS and haven’t owned a stand-alone GPS unit since 2006...

My final solution to the problem was my wife trading it in for a Mini which has a much better infotainment system and never having to worry about Subaru again.

• 3 years later...