LegacyGT.com

ac tensioner pulley

I have a 92 Legacy L 4 door sedan. It has 225K on it and it is still going strong. The issue that I have with it is that the ac tensioner pulley is really howling. I had taken it off last winter when I noticed the noise and just unplugged the compressor. Well It got hot here this past week and on Friday I put the belt back on it so I could use the air. It works great, but the pulley is still howling. I never bought the part at the part store because it was too expensive, but was wondering if I could press out the bearing and install a new one to save the money. The part store only wanted to sell me the entire assembly. The Pulley, the mount and the tensioning bolt and everything. It was like $115 or something ridiculous. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem with the bearing in my AC clutch pulley, looks like you can get one for $17/22 from AZ depending on the size.

Anyone with experience in doing this job?

Mine is a '93 but still has the R12 in it, at least that's what is says on the compressor.

Britt

Archived