LegacyGT.com

Synthetic Transmission Fluid 5EAT Royal Purple

I own a 05 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. Has anyone used synthetic fluid in their 5EAT? I am considering using Royal Purple's Max ATF. I emailed Royal Purple and they say it meets the requirements and is compatible for the Subaru 5EAT. Has anyone used this? What has been your experience? Maybe there are some other recommendations or should I just stick with the regular stuff?

OEM ATF is better than the RP ATF for the 5EAT. Only Amsoil makes a better ATF for our 5EAT. add one can of BG Additive and you're good to go.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...
OEM ATF is better than the RP ATF for the 5EAT. Only Amsoil makes a better ATF for our 5EAT. add one can of BG Additive and you're good to go.

hey aklgt,

where can i buy BG additive? I thinking about changing my tranny fluid next month. Should i do a complete fluid or should i just replace what is in my tranny pan? And it is ok to mix Synthetic w. regular? i don't know much about tranny oil.

hey aklgt,

where can i buy BG additive? I thinking about changing my tranny fluid next month. Should i do a complete fluid or should i just replace what is in my tranny pan? And it is ok to mix Synthetic w. regular? i don't know much about tranny oil.

+1 for info request. I have my 5eat sitting in my garage and want to know I'm putting in the best I can when it's time ti mate up tot he EZ and drop in my GF.

-Gaddis

I don't know. our dealer sells it here, I can also sell it at my store, but plus their automatic 20% price jack. :rolleyes: not even worth selling. Do a search on google, I'm sure there's an online vendor. But SOA ATF + BG additive is just about as good as it gets. You can do the amsoil, but it'll cost you a lot more than doing the former. I do use RP 5W30 in the LGT and have since about 10K miles. I went ahead and did another oil change today for the new owner, but not sure if he will continue that or not. Walmart sells RP the cheapest, $6.50/qt or something? the dealer here sells it for $10/qt. no thanks.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

What does the BG gain you? Any evidence that it does anything?

Exactly, has anyone found any factual reports for this additive helping wear properties, etc like having your engine oil chemically reviewed by Blackstone? Just looking for further reading material and a quick google search didn't initially turn up any objective/scientific reviews.

• 1 month later...
Exactly, has anyone found any factual reports for this additive helping wear properties, etc like having your engine oil chemically reviewed by Blackstone? Just looking for further reading material and a quick google search didn't initially turn up any objective/scientific reviews.

Ditto willing to hold out for scientific processes. Then again I'm holding out till I put it in the car anyways.

-Gaddis

• 1 year later...

Archived