LegacyGT.com

ej22T swap issues

ok so im stuck..... got the motor dropped, wiring ran, and now i have no spark.... ignighter tested good coil tested good replaced the crank and cam sensors and still nothing..... any ideas? ecu has power and i have fuel only things not hooked up are the o2 sensor, knock sensor, and i hardwired the fuel pump..... any suggestions would be appriciated. the harness has been completely stripped so no test connecters under dash stuff etc.

Need more information and details about the swap. Which of your cars are you swapping the 22t to? What harness are you running/merged. 22T ecu? Did you swap the + and - wires if running a first gen n/a harness?

Does it crank but not start? Have you checked bbs?

swapping into an 87 XT-Turbo harness came with the ecu and motor un molested until i got my hands on it. so its merged to the stock ea82t harness 87.0 MY stock 22T ecu cranks but no spark have fuel pressure

Hmm, probably a problem with the harness. They usually don't just swap over. A first gen legacy n/a harness will swap over if you reverse the polarity of two f the sensors.

I bet the XT harness has different pin outs. Btw I love XTs.

i understaand they dont just swap over im looking for what circuits are required in order for the ecu to send a spark signal this is all custom one off stuff i just dont completely understand how the computer works... does it have to sence fuel signal first? is there a bounceback signal? those sorts of things

Archived