LegacyGT.com

OK i know I am going to get yelled at but I am seeing hundreds of answers and I just want to know what the rest of the 2.5i population are running. I am coming up on 30K and don't want to pay the dealership 500 bucks for a service. I know brake fluid, diff, and trans are on the list. What fluids are people using to get better than stock performance? For my truck when i switched over to royal purple in all the parts i picked up almost 2 miles per gallon. The other question is what else do i need to address at 30K? thanks for the help.

Brake Fluid I use MOTUL (cheap works great)

Diff Fluid I use Subaru Extra-S 75w-90 (gearbox and rear diff use the same oil)

Change your plugs, cabin filter, air filter and top off other fluids as needed. 30K service is fairly simple.

I was thinking of switching to E3 plugs, i have had goodluck with those in the past. is it worth the few extra bucks.

Stick to NGK and dont ask us why you should stick to NGK either, just do it:lol:

30K for the plugs isn't overkill I swap mine more frequently, its cheap and never hurts to have fresh spark.

you also want to do a coolant flush.

i'm running motul inugel there but i have aftermarket headgaskets so if you're still on OEM gaskets, it's best to stay on the subaru branded coolant.

i have motul brake fluid as well, i agree with GEE-OTTO: great stuff. my current oil is 5w40 motul synthetic which IMO is overkill, 5w40 rotella or 5w30 pennzoil synth is just as good. diff/trans, same as what GEE-OTTO said.

i just want to know why I can not run E3's?

and dont ask us why you should stick to NGK either, just do it :lol:

Since you had to ask the NGK plugs perform the best in our engines all the Bosch 4 pronged, Splitfire, E3 type plugs don't work the best in our engines. They work, it is just for the cost of the NGK, the lifespan of the plug and the spec of our engines, the NGK cant be beat.

Applicable part numbers:

FR5AP-11

BKR5EGP

BKR5EIX -11

I've ran the BKR5EGP plugs and the FR5AP-11, I find that the latter performs better over the long haul. The former is very cost effective $3-$5 per plug and if you change your plugs as often as I do it is a great option and performer.

thank you for the explanation, i had good luck running e3 plugs in my silverado so i just wanted to see if it was worth the extra few bucks. As far as the trans fluid swap, do i just drop the pan clean it out and pour in 5 more quarts to level off the fluid or do i need to get it flushed.

thank you for the explanation, i had good luck running e3 plugs in my silverado so i just wanted to see if it was worth the extra few bucks. As far as the trans fluid swap, do i just drop the pan clean it out and pour in 5 more quarts to level off the fluid or do i need to get it flushed.

I have a tutorial for that :lol:

Front

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5i-5mt-front-differential-fluid-change-tutorial-143891.html?t=143891&highlight=Diff+fluid+change

Rear

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2-5i-rear-differential-fluid-change-tutorial-151550.html?t=151550&highlight=Diff+fluid+change

Archived