LegacyGT.com

Rear Sensor

Kodax

Hi there,

I am not sure if this question was asked but I did a search and nothing came up.

Recently, I decided to obtain a rear sensor for my car but I e-mailed Subaru about purchasing a rear sensor. They told me that there isn't any for the 2009 Subaru Legacy. Which comes to my question, are there any aftermarket rear sensor out there that goes on a Subaru legacy? Has anyone installed a rear sensor into your car?

Edited: Rear reversing sensor.

Since there have been no yes or no answers in this thread yet, I will chime in with some:

Your dealership should sell the kit that was sold for the Tribeca. When I asked about them, they told me that you could install the Tribeca kit - all it is is the sensors, and the control/speaker box. All you do is drill holes in the bumper and install...

There are aftermarket kits out there. I have seen them on ebay. I had one fitted at my place of work for A$300, colour matched and all. Dealer quoted me more than $800. Mine shows a distance to object down to .3m or 1ft, as well as tones that get faster as you get closer. To me this is a lot more useful than just tones. We had a tone only one fiited to Mazda3 by dealer, but buzzer thing is in the trunk, and not easily audible.

jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon.

There are aftermarket kits out there. I have seen them on ebay. I had one fitted at my place of work for A$300, colour matched and all. Dealer quoted me more than $800. Mine shows a distance to object down to .3m or 1ft, as well as tones that get faster as you get closer. To me this is a lot more useful than just tones. We had a tone only one fiited to Mazda3 by dealer, but buzzer thing is in the trunk, and not easily audible.

jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon.

What do you meant by color matched and all? :confused:

I always had the idea that the sensor will be fitted hidden behind the bumper, is there a need for a paint job?

Since there have been no yes or no answers in this thread yet, I will chime in with some:

Your dealership should sell the kit that was sold for the Tribeca. When I asked about them, they told me that you could install the Tribeca kit - all it is is the sensors, and the control/speaker box. All you do is drill holes in the bumper and install...

Do you know how much is the Tribeca kit cost?

If they are concealed under the bumper, we dont know they are there. Even Benz and BMW reverse sensors are commonly visible - round sensor (~1/2"dia) in a small concave bezel on the bumper exterior - 4 is most common here. So if they are external, they need to be paint matched mostly. This is the style I had fitted much cheaper than dealer. Check ebay, you should find many. If you go for just noise based units, make sure you test one in a similar noise environment that you operate in - ie, with radio/cd etc as normal for you - wefound the Mazda one hard to hear with a radio on and a child in the back.

Not sure if external makes them work better, or it just ensures everybody KNOWS you have them.

jp 08 gtb 6mt wagon.

What do you meant by color matched and all? :confused:

I always had the idea that the sensor will be fitted hidden behind the bumper, is there a need for a paint job?

they have to cut holes in your bumper and place the sensors in the hole, with the face on the exterior.

I have front and back sensors (my wife also drives the car :)) installed from one of the various aftermarket suppliers (I believe mine are from Hella). Small, round, black sensors are visible in the bumper. My '05 Legacy (wagon) is black, so they are far from obvious. Audio/visual consoles are installed behind the front mirror and above the back seat.

They were installed by the dealer when I bought the car for a stiff € 900 extra. They work perfect.

Archived