LegacyGT.com

05 LGT - checking the engine codes

Searched here and found out that you can check engine codes by connecting 2 white plugs in the fuse box area under the dash. Car had a CEL as soon as I turned it on tonight (worked fine all day and I never got gas today....).

Where are the two white plugs. Everything I see is connected into plugs, nothing hanging loose. Are they just hanging loose somewhere and you have to find and connect them together? Any help appreciated.

Really wish i had an AP, but with all the layoffs at my work, I'm saving my money for now....

Thanks,

Neil

ok, finally found the what these codes apparently mean (still haven't found a listing of codes though). Tumble valves.

Is it fairly simple to just pop the intake manifold off and squirt them with some carb cleaner? Then how do I reset the codes? Haynes manual makes taking off the intake manifold look easy with just a couple of O-rings for sealing things in place. If I can pop off the intake manifold, clean the valves, and pop the manifold back on and reset the codes, I would be golden.

-Neil

I don't know, except I'm thinking carb cleaner would be what not to use. I know this isn't the throttle boy, but, carb cleaner there can cause issues with the lining. So I'd suggest throttle body cleaner instead.

I think clearing the codes can be done by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes or so - I think there's also a quicker method involving doing a dance with the brake pedal or some such. But it's probably time to think about an OBD2 reader/resetter, which can be had for $70 or so.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Cleared the codes. I had planned on removing the intake manifold and cleaning the valves, but there was too much stuff to remove to get the manifold off (and I had more pressing things to do like re-install a sink and toilet in a bathroom!). So far, no more codes. If it comes back, I guess I will go to the dealer to get it fixed, but for now everything seems to be running fine. Maybe they un-stuck themselves....

Archived