LegacyGT.com

Oem iPod integration kit won't work

Rushin

First the car: 08 spec.b, apprenty the car is actually 07. Bult date is late 07. I was told that the wiring in my car is all 07 and my stereo is 07 not 08.

So I ordered OEM iPod integration kit. Installed it and it plain does not work. I hit the SAT button and I goes to the iPod kit, when I plug the iPod it says attached but no Subaru logo on the iPod, no charging the iPod and no music obviously. Tried it with 4 and 5 gen nano, original iPhone and iphone4. Non work.

Any ideas? Did I just wasted 150 dollars? Whyi legacy has the worst stereo of pretty much all modern cars? (really a rhetorical question.)

The charging is not the issue. It just won't communicate with the ipod. If my stereo has a SAT button but nothing happens when i press it does it mean i have the SAT radio or it means its just not activated?

^ You have to buy a seperate Satellite radio module that bolts under your stereo and plugs in where your ipod interface is now plugged in. From there you will get your usual sat info until activated (Channel 1, radio id, etc...)

So if you took out your stereo and there was nothing plugged into it when you installed you adapter, your car is Sat-ready, but not Sat-equipped.....

As for the iPhone question, I have no idea, but I am thinking about picking one up, but not if it doesn't charge.... subscribed for more info.

^ there is a newer kit that you can buy. It plugs into your sat input in the rear and essentially ports through that and gives you iPod integration with your controls.

Does anyone know if you can connect this in tandem with the SAT?? Meaning can I have integrated Sat and iPhone?? or is an either or?

^ there is a newer kit that you can buy. It plugs into your sat input in the rear and essentially ports through that and gives you iPod integration with your controls.

Does anyone know if you can connect this in tandem with the SAT?? Meaning can I have integrated Sat and iPhone?? or is an either or?

ive never been able to get a straight answer on this... so id be curious as well.

I've read through the whole other thread in the audio forum about the integration kit

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ipod-integration-kit-66267.html

After 27 pages and reading the actual users manual that comes with the OEM kit this is what I've concluded.

It CANNOT be used in parallel with XM, it's either or. This is stated implicitly in the manual.

It was created for pre 5v iProducts (i.e. iPhone 3Gs, 4 iPod Touch and new gen iPods) the old iProducts used 12v for charging, the new use 5v. There was a change to the pinout so the OEM kit will not charge the newer products if they have updated OS because it recognizes the different pinout. Apparently you can get a passthrough from Scosche that address this.

As for integration, it should work just fine. You may get the "not supported" message but cancelling it should still work. Many people seem to be using them fine.

The newer kits say they work with iPhones, so I am guessing the pinout was updated on those. I would hope a product sold in 2011 would work for a phone purchased in 2009 :rolleyes:

Myself, I bought a cable a few months back that hooks to my iphone and has two output cables.

http://amzn.com/B003X78QCG

One is a usb cable for chargin, the other is a 3.5mm aux plug for audio. So I can now hook my phone up to ONE cable and get charging and audio. I did need to buy a usb adapter plug for my power port, but that will come in handy for other devices too. I have since come along some cords that have the plug built in for a cig outlet.

My only negative is that it doesn't charge the phone as quickly as a regular charger, but I think that's because I bought a 2 usb adapter and it's not outputting enough amps. I think I'm gonna pickup another single usb adapter and see if that changes anything.

However the setup now does not drain the battery when listening, it at the very least maintains a charge.

^ I got a similar cable off of eBay a couple months ago. Havent had any issues with sound quality or charging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300512998467&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT

But it definetly doesnt charge as fast as a regular USB charging cable, probably because its off brand no name.

I may be wrong about this but I think I read some where on here that if you have the SAT button, you cant have iPod intergration.

On my 08 LGT, I just use the AUX button to listen to my iPhone.

The iPod integration plugs into the SAT input. You can't have Sirius/XM and the iPod.

There's a subaru specific part that fixes charging on newer iPods.

Part # H621SXA300

But it definetly doesnt charge as fast as a regular USB charging cable, probably because its off brand no name.

Do you know how many amps your usb adapter outputs? From what I understand alot of them output .5 amp where the newer iPhones and iPods need at least 1amp, with the iPad requiring 2 amps.

The one I got has 2 outlets and is rated at 1 amp, but I think that may be combined amperage, essentially sending .5amps to each outlet.

I think I may try the plugged into an outlet charger that I know provides plenty of amperage just to see if it works better.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but did anyone ever try out the newer kit Part # H621SXA300?

I have an 09gt (has the sat button) and wanted a way to hook up my iphone4 to charge and control with the steering wheel buttons through the dock connector.

Any suggestions?

You use the h621sxa300 w/ the h621sxa200 to achieve

the results given w/ the h621sxa201(hard to find)

happy hunting!

I can confirm it charges the gen 4 ipod and iphone

until apple changes it again....

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived