LegacyGT.com

Endless SSM's noisy??????

garvin

have a set on and while I am happy with the braking they make alot of noise....?

i had the pads scuffed and the rotors scuffed and they still make alot of noise while braking at slow speeds. Right before you stop it makes a hell of alot of noise a LOUD creaking noise.

set up

ss lines

super blue

endless ssm's

:confused:

any suggestions?

had into a brake service place and he said he went thru them and did everything he could think of.....

they produce a real harsh sound when you apply the brakes like a grinding sound sand paper on steel sort of thing

then right before you stop a loud creaking noise

Go out and do a really good bedding on the bads. Do 10 60-10mph stops at almost ABS pressure. (75-80% of full braking) Then park and let them cool down trying not to use the brakes. (You can use the parking brake since it is separate) It sounds like the SS-Ms are grinding instead of mating w/ the rotors...
:spin:

my guess is that the retainer clips is what is sliding and making contact onto your rotor.. do you see scarring on the rotor?

SSMs are quiet, something is not right. Did you see my How-to install on rotors? I talked about how when installing the rotors, make sure the retainer clips are not rubbing on the rotor when putting new pads back on. There was even a recall or technical service bulletin on a few of the retainer clips usin stock pads that would make the same noise.

Keefe

• 1 year later...

I devolped this slight sand paper on the rotor sound tonight aswell.

05 LGT hawk HPS pads on stock rotors that have been resurfaced 6k miles ago.

I did take the pads off to reapply some anti-sieze to them to get them to stop squeeling and I re-bled them also.

but when I come to a stop from a low speed right before I stop like 10-15mph and below I get this clunking noise like if you crush sand in a gear or something and I can feel it in the pedal also.

Archived