LegacyGT.com

front strut tower bar

the extra added front end weight helps with front end traction, you should install two, you can bolt one ontop of the other so it doubles the effect.

So the effect is twofold. Not only do you get to add weight to your car which is Always desirable, but you can add the stunning appearance that ebay parts are known for.....wow, I should get 5-6 of em. (just need to figure out the logistics of placement) Maybe if I remove those pesky wheels and struts I can free up some room.

The only question left is: Will this add more HP than a couple of vtec stickers?

I was talking to a guy at the mall a few weeks ago. He works for a shop that sells after market stuff for cars, mostly Honda. I mentioned the strut bar and he started saying how installing one on my LGT would vastly improve handling.

Me: "Oh really? I joined an online forum and most people agree its mostly bling.

Him: "Dude, I sell these for a living, trust me, whoever told you it was for bling doesn't know what they're talking about!"

Me: "I got to go man"

Him: "No problem, (hands me a business car) give us a call so we can hook you up! $250 for that Cusco your looking to get

Me: (just got in my car and left)

I

threw the card away the Business card when I vacummed the car that weekend

Im buying one but it's the last item on my list for upgrades. Getting lowering springs, better struts, rotors, and swaybar upgrades before it. I'm also getting a TMIC before it. People need to understand its mostly bling. Just like a Short Ram Intake on a stock car

Well a short ram intake can have some maybe minor improvements, or detriments with or without a tune respectively, but a strut bar is about as effective for performance as a heavy duty trunk mat.

Well a short ram intake can have some maybe minor improvements, or detriments with or without a tune respectively, but a strut bar is about as effective for performance as a heavy duty trunk mat.

I have a strut bar, legacy wagon heavy duty cargo mat, CAI, and all types of other useless mods that add weight. And I love all of them.

The legacy wagon heavy duty cargo mat is actually useful, I have one...at least it does something as does the cai. The strut bar on our cars does nil, there are plenty of other mods to throw $150 at which actually do something.

Look if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed i will i have spare time...

You can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking your head up a butchers ass but I'd rather just ask the cow.

Wait..

So STI only made these for bling?

http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1560

http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=7740

http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=22533

Not saying that Subaru DOESN'T do stuff for bling, but I find it hard to believe in this case.

I find it easier to believe that the community's bias against well-tuned time attack cars (see any JDM build thread from this forum and how quickly it gets flamed into the 184th layer of Tarterus).

My $0.02.

I can't see the actual link due to work, but I see eBay and wouldn't personally buy a 'performance' part from eBay unless it was an extenuating circumstance.

Archived