LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

It's underneath the driver's side dash, beneath the steering wheel. There's an underside plastic panel - you'll have to remove that panel, or at least take out a few pop-its (forgot how many) and maneuver the panel out of the way to get access to the connector. Relative to the steering column, I would say that it's tucked against the firewall to the upper left. I laid on my back and looked up to find it.

You'll see a black box that's clearly labeled DRL with two connectors: 1 white, 1 black. Pull the white one out (I thought it was kind of a pain in the ass); pop the black/blue wire out of the white connector (use a jewelry flathead screwdriver set) + wrap the exposed end + zip-tie it off; pop the white connector back into the DRL box. You're set.

The white connector that is plugged into my drl box doesn't have a blue/black wire in it. It does have an all black one though. So for now, I just left the connector disconnected. Would be nice to have the high beam indicator back, but I don't know which wire to pull :/

The white connector that is plugged into my drl box doesn't have a blue/black wire in it. It does have an all black one though. So for now, I just left the connector disconnected. Would be nice to have the high beam indicator back, but I don't know which wire to pull :/

There definitely is a blue/black wire in the 08 LGT - the wires running to the white connector are fairly thin, so maybe you should have to twist a few wires around to see what their color patterns really are. Also, IIRC, the blue isn't THAT blue - it's almost more of a bluish-green, like a torquoise? Either way, look for the "bluish"-colored wire with a black stripe running along it, and once you pull it, you should be golden (and get your high-beam indicator back).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
how about 09's. would like to disable drl's any info? thanks guys.

I think you just cut the blue wire. I'm not sure, I pulled the plug but you loose the High Beam indicator. I just haven't taken the time to read back through this thread to verify that.

IS it possible switch DRLs to the fog lights?

I think that is in the interior forum ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
Finally got around to doing this on an 07 Outback. Just needed to disconnect the blue wire from the plug, and boy was that a PITA. Lack of space and clip didn't want to let go of the pin. No other wires are needed to disconnect and the DRL is off and the high beam indicator works. Thanks guys!

Since someone else already resurrected this thread, and seeing that I'm a stickler for data, I just wanted to provide some date for something that was said WAY back in this thread (from 2005, before I even owned my LGT!)

DRL's save LIVES....Proven.

I reference http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=NHTSA-2008-0153-0004

Granted, this study wasn't present at the time, so the thread participants couldn't have known about it... but it's good info regardless. The point is that "DRLs have no statistically significant overall effects on the three target crashes" and that "DRLs might have unintended consequences for pedestrians and motorcyclists".

So, for those concerned, I just wanted to show that the "DRLs save lives" is simply not proven at all, per the NHTSA at least... feel free to disable them, as I (and many others) have done!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So I'm thinking I unplugged the wrong one..... My DRLs are off but now my fogs won't work......

Which plug did you pull ? Did you try plugging it back in ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...