LegacyGT.com

Bilsteins + pinks - two thumbs up!

loopless

Just installed Bilsteins (Tire Rack) + STI pinks (RalliSpec) and am very happy - I wanted to get rid of the wishy-washy, floaty,bouncy feeling the my wagon had and that annoying initial lack of turn-in ( you know , always having to take a second bite at the corner) through faster corners without compromising the NVH and ending up with a rock hard ride.

It's probably not the ideal setup for the hard-core but I am extremely pleased with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

You absolutely need the Spec B 'top-hats' and dust seals as covered in gory detail in other threads. I got new upper spring seats as well, they are not needed as you can reuse the old ones. But if you have new spring seats you can assemble the struts before you install them.

Items Ordered:

Item: Front suspension, Suspension components, Strut mount, Strut mount, legacy/outback, sedan, w/spec b model

Price: $44.66

Tax: $0.00

Qty: 2

Total: $89.32

Items Ordered:

Item: DUST SEAL F STRUT C0

Price: $2.59

Total: $5.18

Item: Front suspension - Suspension components - Spring seat Spring seat Back - W/gt limited spec b 2006

Price: $9.18

Total: $18.36

P.S. What is weird is that I just got the message today from the forum that someone replied to the thread...

To give you guys a Idea of of the difference in height....

At the Subaru challenge this past weekend I was parked beside a fellow members Outback XT (stock suspension)

My side mirrors could fit underneath his:eek::):):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Just installed Bilsteins (Tire Rack) + STI pinks (RalliSpec) and am very happy - I wanted to get rid of the wishy-washy, floaty,bouncy feeling the my wagon had and that annoying initial lack of turn-in ( you know , always having to take a second bite at the corner) through faster corners without compromising the NVH and ending up with a rock hard ride.

It's probably not the ideal setup for the hard-core but I am extremely pleased with the result.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289&page=27 post 394. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived