LegacyGT.com

Clunking after strut install. Did I screw up?

cluesblues

So I just changed my PS front strut with a KYB Excel-G (ran out of time for DS and I need to drive to work tomorrow). The swap seemed to go relatively smoothly but I took it for a test drive and it clunks rather loudly over bumps now on the PS.

I know for a fact my LCA bushings are toast (I'm taking it in for that soon), but there was no clunk before I did the swap. Anything I could have screwed up or changed by installing this new strut?

The springs are in the right location in the purches right. Rookie mistake is to not locate them correctly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How far off would the spring need to be? I thought it fit on the perch just fine, and on the top hat it might be off by 1-2cm if that. The strut top bolt is tight for sure.

I finished the drivers side and it went without a hitch, though I probably have to re-do at some point because I forgot the dust boot :/ How crucial is that btw?

I think for the PS I'll just wait until I take it in for an alignment and the LCA bushings and I'll ask if they can double check my handiwork.

Archived