LegacyGT.com

Lowering Springs

Hey guys, I have a stock 97 Legacy GT wagon and I've been wanting to lower. The GT is already lowered (still stock) but i want it just a tad lower. maybe just a centimeter or two if that is possible. If I have to sacrifice more that's totally okay. If anyone can tell me where to look that would be much appreciated:) Thanks

He's right, lowering a car is measured in inches, not centimeters. Inch and a half is a fairly modest drop. You may be able to use those springs plus some adjustable sleeves to bring it back up a bit if that is too much?

Also, and I may be wrong, one of these guys will know, but I lowered my Outback about an inch using stock 02 WRX struts and springs. I'm not sure if that setup is shorter than LGT stuff or not. If it is, that could be a cheap alternative to a more modest lower.

I put my 98 on stock 02 wrx wagon springs with matching KYB struts. Its about .5-.75 inches lower than stock. It handles so much better too. But I have heard good things about the H&R springs that Zues mentioned.

I have 05 impreza struts on tein h tech lowering springs.

and it is essentially slammed. 1 and a half finger gap in the front.

2 maybe 2.5 in the rear. probably close to a 2.5" drop total. A little excessive for a mild drop.

using impreza struts on a legacy will instantly give you a minor drop. even if you put the legacy springs on. this would be the cheapest option.

I used the H&R spring set for the sedan (no wagon springs) along with a fresh set of KYB-GR-2's. The ride is good, but don't expect it to stiffen up that much. Also, I wish i would have used some 3/8" spacers for the rear, as "visually" it looks a little lower than the front. There's countless posts about spacers, so make your own decision based on the information on the forum. Here's a quick pic i recently took. ucIQPf-FrztTp_Q_cLOrmEc8TWMERN3hK7YXIF8KyRo=w1378-h852-no

I have a 2000 Liberty gen3 and i want to lower the car but i cant afford coilovers and the lowering springs for my car only lower it 30mm from standard height. I found lowering springs for a 98 impreza that lowers it 60mm from standard height, was curious if those springs will fit in my car??

This:

The ride is good, but don't expect it to stiffen up that much.

is because this:

I used the H&R spring set for the sedan (no wagon springs) along with a fresh set of KYB-GR-2's.

I had this same setup but wagon specific and I loved it, stiff enough for light mt roads fun if you arent running any other suspension mods

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Green%20Subaru/IMAG0071.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Green%20Subaru/100_0161.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Green%20Subaru/100_0081.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived