LegacyGT.com

2.5i exhaust sound clips - post em.

I'm looking to bolt up an axle-back to my car within the next few weeks. I've been searching around for sound clips for the 2.5i engine, and have found all of 0. Anyone have a clip of their exhaust? I'm particularly interested in the Prodrive or the Cobb - love the look of those tips, but I want something subtle/quiet...

Ps. Sorry if this is more appropriate for the exhaust/intake forum, just thought I'd get more response from the NA crowd in the NA forum... Thanks!

Magnaflow 14827s with stock header

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksr353DH27w]YouTube - 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with Magnaflows[/ame]

Magnaflow14827s with Borla replica header

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCpnUm5mfc]YouTube - Subaru Legacy 2.5i with borla-replica headers and magnaflows[/ame]

Thanks. Sounds nice! With the headers probably a bit too loud for my taste, but not bad. I've found the Prodrives for a steal of a price, any feedback on how those might sounds on our cars?

Sound of the Prodrives are nice. I've had them for about a month but haven't done a recent vid. I'll see if I can do one and get it posted up sometime soon. There is obviously no boxer rumble, but they're a distinct sound of their own. I've got a 4EAT but my suspicion is it sounds a lot better on a 5MT in between shifts. I :wub: them so far. I wonder if it sounds different on an 05 as opposed to an 06+ 2.5i...if only one of the other members would post a clip of theirs, ahem... ;):lol:

Sound of the Prodrives are nice. I've had them for about a month but haven't done a recent vid. I'll see if I can do one and get it posted up sometime soon. There is obviously no boxer rumble, but they're a distinct sound of their own. I've got a 4EAT but my suspicion is it sounds a lot better on a 5MT in between shifts. I :wub: them so far. I wonder if it sounds different on an 05 as opposed to an 06+ 2.5i...if only one of the other members would post a clip of theirs, ahem... ;):lol:

would that be me?

haha, i think they do have a little boxer sound out of my 05 being unequal length headers

no sound clips made yet :p

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

would that be me?

haha, i think they do have a little boxer sound out of my 05 being unequal length headers

no sound clips made yet :p

Just messing with ya Hanger :lol: I am curious to hear what yours sounds like though.

Here's [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCmkMR7p18]a sound clip[/ame] of the Prodrives on my car. Let me know what you guys think!

Love that sound

Could you please tell me where you got the prodrive?

Looking for these right now

Thanks

I actually got them when King Of Parts was having their sale on Prodrive parts due to Prodrive leaving the US. Not sure on availability, but if you ask in the WTB thread you might find some for sale. I know in the FS section, someone was selling the left can only, not sure if that helps you though :p

• 2 weeks later...

i have a set of Xo2 mufflers on my car and the noise isnt too loud at all. ill try to get some clips up of them. they also gave the car a lot more power than i thought. never knew the stock cans were so restrictive.

so is getting an aftermarket mid and y pipe worth it? or should i just pick up a high flow cat(figured that should help a lot), and go do work on the headers?

any low end torque loss with the prodrives? What diameter are they? I like the sound!

Shawn

No loss in low end torque, it might have even helped a little but not significant enough to really notice. I think the pipe diameter is the same as stock.

i have a Blitz Nur spec exhuast for sale , the spec is actually for 05+ GT model , but it works on NA too

im selling it the market place, is mint condition, the price is posted on there too, let me know if you interested, pics also there

• 3 weeks later...

Archived