LegacyGT.com

Is turbo inlet hose worth it?

Hey everyone, as you can see i'm pretty new to these forums as I have just bought an 05 Legacy GT Limited about a week and a half ago. Ive been looking around for some performance parts and I came across the Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose and i was wondering if it is worth it to put it on my stock turbo? Also will it need to be tuned after this? Thanks!

Not worth it on stock turbo, it won't hurt performance, but it won't increase it either. Don't need a tune for an inlet. Put that money towards a catless up pipe, the cat can break apart and destroy your turbo, you don't need, and it won't affect emissions.

A turbo inlet hose is a good ancillary mod. You likely won't feel much performance gain, maybe 5hp, but IIRC there is some ground to be gained as far as turbo spool. The stock inlet is very restrictive (not to mention brittle with age), so freeing that up is a plus. Sounds slightly better than stock, too :)
LW's spec. B / YT / IG

also, if you get one like the perrin, they are now made for the 07+ WRX so the BPV hose is about 1 inch off. Might consider picking up an aftermarket silicon bpv return hose to ease installation and overall fit.

You don't need to do a cold air intake on these cars, the stock one good till about 400whp.

If you find your turbo inlet tube needs replacing, that's a different subject. When mine was bad I just used a stock one, runs about $90.00

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

As previously said, no performance gain that you will notice, if any at all. I replaced my stock one with this a Perrin since it was cracked within 50,000 miles. I did not want to replace another OEM one in another 50,000 so the Perrin went on.

Archived