LegacyGT.com

Will the LGT ever be worth more than it is now?

TehRicer

Now that the GT is discontinued, will the LGT ever be worth more than it is now?

Old VW vehicles are starting to go up in value. How about the LGT? From what I've seen, the LGT's depreciate pretty fast compared to it's brother & sister. -Yea I regret buying it just because of that lol.

Anyone?

^Supra!

And yes if you had one in a bubble and it was in good shape in 200 years it would be work a substantial amount of money, that is assuming that any of us were still alive. Otherwise, no. Like 99.99% of other cars out there, a Legacy, in any form, is not a collectors car or an investment in any way. (Even though I may treat mine like it is)

WRX should be another story, right?

They don't make the body style like they used to. Now, the rex looks like an ordinary sedan.

If I am going to keep a vehicle for 10 years, a WRX is probably the way to go as it should go up in value in the future.

• Mega Users
WRX should be another story, right?

They don't make the body style like they used to. Now, the rex looks like an ordinary sedan.

If I am going to keep a vehicle for 10 years, a WRX is probably the way to go as it should go up in value in the future.

:lol:

You are joking, right?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• I Donated

No way WRXes will ever go up in value. They are too common and too likely to be beat on.

TBH, the only time a car goes up in value to a higher transaction price than it sold for new is when it's super rare and super desirable. I don't think even the Spec.B meets those criteria. :lol:

Just for reference, the only MODERN American to appreciate in the last 20 years was the Ford GT. And that wasnt by much.

LGT's will never be collector. One could lie to yourself and say it'll be like the '55 Chevy that was a base car in it's day and has now climbed in value, but I feel you would be wrong. The condition a LGT would have to stay in(perfect) and the number of years it would have to stay that way( A LOT) is also only assuming someone will want one after all those years have passed.

A car is only worth what someone will pay for it....

I think the 04' STI (and 03' Evo) will be collector cars in the future. If you think about it, they are the 1st USDM Japanese "muscle cars" of their day. Because of that, I think they will be sought after by collectors in the future.

Spec B? Maybe within the Subie community, but not really. In the grand scheme of things, the LGT is just another nice car with some balls, but that's about it. Collector car? I think not.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

LAGT, do you always act like an idiot online or just this forum? Out of all the forums I've been on, you are by far the most childish member. You're right up there with trojanfan on diyma.

Lmfao, some of you SQ guru's should be familiar w/ this

Agreed. I think the STi will be somewhat of a collector in the future. WRB > iconic

:lol:

You are joking, right?

No, I am comparing future values between the LGT & the WRX.

A WRX in general holds it's value better than the LGT. That's going to carry on tomarrow. Point made.

Btw, I still think the STi's will go up sometime in the future. ...that is a wrx...

EDIT: ^Leave it to Naylor to thank OP of the thread. What a freaking comedian. :lol:

LAGT, do you always act like an idiot online or just this forum?

You posted a thread titled SUPRA and are trying to compare the Legacy platform in any way to the last model Supra turbo and IM the idiot :lol::iam:

I think the STi will be somewhat of a collector in the future. WRB > iconic

Simply put, you are delusional and your feeling based opinion is not reasonable. Just look at your non-logic applied to the aztec:

A (pontiac aztec) should be another story, right?

They don't make the body style like they used to. If I am going to keep a vehice, a (pontiac aztec) is probably the way to go as it should go up in value in the future based on its limited numbers and quirky looks.

No, I am comparing future values between the LGT & the WRX. A WRX in general holds it's value better than the LGT. That's going to carry on tomarrow. Point made.

Assumption, not a point. WRX in general are going to be a lot more beat on than LGT. That alone will mean LGT will likely have a higher bottom dollar when devaluation hits bottom.

Btw, I still think the STi's will go up sometime in the future. ...that is a wrx...

Delusional.

Spec B? Maybe within the Subie community, but not really.

Apparently you've been here way to long to be drinking the SpecB unicorn jizz.:)

Archived