LegacyGT.com

Registering an '08 GT Sucks!!!!!

Yea, but you didn't pay sales tax. :)

How many years is that for ?

1 year.

It goes down, ever so slightly, each year thereafter.

I paid $439.20 for my LGT's 2009 registration renewal. A little less than I paid last year.

The bulk of that is a city/town fee. Effectively a property tax.

I'm not familiar with this American system at all.

You have to pay a registration fee every year to own a car? Is this on top of paying for insurance?

What else do you guys have to register every year???

Could be worse... You could be in MA (aka Taxxachusetts) and have to pay the Reg fee, excise tax (a tax to park the car on your property in the town), and insurance. Its rediculous!

You said it brother!! Before I came to MA when I lived in OH my insrance was 1/2 of MA's and no excise tax on vehicles. My wife owes me BIG time! :)

I'm not familiar with this American system at all.

You have to pay a registration fee every year to own a car? Is this on top of paying for insurance?

What else do you guys have to register every year???

Depends on the state. You can pay a registration fee AND personal property tax when you reregister you car each year. The property tax is usually the big bill but it depends on the the state's personal property tax rate.

Just got the CA registration bill for my '05 GT wagon and the wife's '03 Passat 4MO wagon -- $251 for me and $175 for her.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

What rip off states you all live in?

NJ annual registration fee was like $30-$40. In MA they have excise tax which kinda sucks but it's ~$60 I think now for 05 cars.

$100 in NH for a 05 LGT wagon recently.

wow, I need to move to Greenland NH.

My '99 Ford cost 50% more than that in Manchester. Mostly city fees of course.

Bear in mind that NH has no income tax or sales tax. So the city and state income has to come from somewhere .. primarily by high property taxes and vehicle registrations.

As for the credit card fee - check with the credit card company that they have a right to take out that fee. It may actually vary by credit card company if the agreement between the payment receiver and the credit card company permits that.
453747.png

Archived