LegacyGT.com

Since when WRX share chassis with Legacy? or vice versa?

legacygtspeed

The original Impreza was based on the original Legacy, and the cars have continued to share a platform for as long as they've existed. There are obvious differences (multilink vs strut rear suspension) but overall they share many components. This is not a bad thing, amortizing development costs for a single platform across multiple lines can result in better products overall.

Doesn't mean it's the EXACT SAME chassis, just that major components are either shared or developed together. Does it really matter that the master cylinder on your legacy is the same as on an impreza?

Well...not just the wrong pictures, they seemed all right, kind of match the description:"The new Impreza WRX STI limited is powered by a turbocharged and intercooled 2.5-liter DOHC Boxer engine producing 293 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 290 pound-feet of torque at 4,400 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission." The writer used a wrong name...but I like the news of the six-speed tranny though.

Apparently I'm missing something? The article refers to the WRX STI Limited and it's a picture of a WRX STI Limited?

No... you're right. I don't see anything wrong with the article or photos.

Subaru annouced that they are producing a WRX STi Limited....

What am I missing? I don't see any issues.

Hello,

Bob N, there are two articles on the Edmunds page. One is about the STI Limited and the other is about the Spec B. Both had the same pictures, including the "intelligent drive" knob in the STI article. If they fixed it, then the funny isn't as funny any more. :D

That said, I really am interested in hearing more about the new Impreza. I might have to trade in my '07 STI limited for one of the '08s. :D

Joel, becoming a subaru-whore. Wait. Long time Subaru whore. :)

They must have fixed it because the link at the start of this thread refers to a WRX LImited STI and also pictures it. It also makes sense as to why eveyone was slamming Edmunds. As for the new WRX STI Limited, I wish I had that option when I purchased my LGT. Not saying I would have bought it but I would have thought very seriously about it. Never liked the huge wing on the original.

Doesn't mean it's the EXACT SAME chassis, just that major components are either shared or developed together. Does it really matter that the master cylinder on your legacy is the same as on an impreza?

For some, yes, such as Impreza owners wanting bigger brakes overall and want a match bigger MC to go with it.

Keefe

Archived