LegacyGT.com

Caution: Shameless plug inside!!!

mr.hicksta

As some of you know, while I was deployed to Iraq last year I started my sound system build. When I got back this December, I got everything installed but I wasn't happy with a couple items. One item in particular was the 1.5 cu ft sub box for my one Kicker CompVX 10. The bass was nice and tight and not overly obnoxious which was good, but half of my trunk was gone :spin:. I had contacted Executor485 while I was in Iraq about his custom stealth boxes so I decided to see if he could still make them. Luckily for me (and hopefully for others after reading this), he still had the molds and was more than happy to make a couple boxes for me. To make up for the fact the boxes were going to be close to the minium recommended enclosure for the sub, I decided to add another CompVX 10. Executor485 provided excellent customer service from the get go, gave me a realistic timeline and answered numerous questions during the process. On top of that, he uploaded pictures of his progress on the boxes to a web album! My boxes arrived by the end of the month as promised, and I couldn't be happier.

The point of this thread is simple: I want to give a shout out to a former LGT owner who is still happily providing a quality product at a reasonable price to the LGT community. Leaving one sentence of feedback didn't seem adequate so I started this thread. If anyone is looking for stealth sub boxes that fit PERFECT and you don't feel like taking up the project yourself, I highly recommend you hit up Executor485. I guarantee you'll end up a happy camper like me :).

This thread is worthless without.........

PICS :D

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

Thanks! Glad to hear you like them so much and I always enjoy hearing that people are happy with what I make. :)

How do you think they sound in comparison to the box you had before? This is a rare opportunity for a SQ comparison. Many times people go straight to these, or change their setup/subs/amps or something of that nature. Obviously the key for many is to reclaim their trunk, but their other concern is the SQ. Since you kept your setup the same save for the box (and you haven't added the second sub yet), it'd be great to see what your thoughts are on that arena.

Thanks again, always glad to help out my fellow LGT'ers!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Thanks! Glad to hear you like them so much and I always enjoy hearing that people are happy with what I make. :)

How do you think they sound in comparison to the box you had before? This is a rare opportunity for a SQ comparison. Many times people go straight to these, or change their setup/subs/amps or something of that nature. Obviously the key for many is to reclaim their trunk, but their other concern is the SQ. Since you kept your setup the same save for the box (and you haven't added the second sub yet), it'd be great to see what your thoughts are on that arena.

Thanks again, always glad to help out my fellow LGT'ers!

Since one box is about half of my original box, the bass isn't as boomy, but as you know that's not what I was going for. Once I get the polyfill in both boxes along with silicone on the wire hole I think I'l get the sound I'm looking for. I didn't change any of the EQ settings on my head unit and the bass heavy songs were still hitting. The more laid back music sounds great as well. I'm really going to play with the EQ this weekend to get it dialed in, but I :wub: what I hear so far! I think when I get the second box in I'll likely be bumping more than I was with the 1.5 cu foot box with one 10. I'll be sure to toss up an update and perhaps a sound clip as well ;)

I should mention as well that I was considering putting terminal cups in, but I started doing some reading on DIYMA.com about the pros/cons of them. Needless to say I'll be sticking with the wire hole and a dab of silicone. Less connections = good! Oh and the 4 layers of fiberglass? Yeah....these things are kinda sturdy!

Since one box is about half of my original box, the bass isn't as boomy, but as you know that's not what I was going for. Once I get the polyfill in both boxes along with silicone on the wire hole I think I'l get the sound I'm looking for. I didn't change any of the EQ settings on my head unit and the bass heavy songs were still hitting. The more laid back music sounds great as well. I'm really going to play with the EQ this weekend to get it dialed in, but I :wub: what I hear so far! I think when I get the second box in I'll likely be bumping more than I was with the 1.5 cu foot box with one 10. I'll be sure to toss up an update and perhaps a sound clip as well ;)

I should mention as well that I was considering putting terminal cups in, but I started doing some reading on DIYMA.com about the pros/cons of them. Needless to say I'll be sticking with the wire hole and a dab of silicone. Less connections = good! Oh and the 4 layers of fiberglass? Yeah....these things are kinda sturdy!

Thanks!

Also, great information/confirmation on the terminal cups. I never had an issue with the holes and silicone and didn't really see a reason for the terminal cups. DIMYA has a lot of really great information/sound nuts, so that's a great relief for anyone who was/is concerned with the lack of terminal cups. (also, I don't recall seeing any terminal cups as thick as my 4 layers of fiberglass, hehe)

When I initially did my research for building boxes, I read that a box should be strong enough for an elephant to stand on it (not quite literally, but there should be no issues with integrity) and I've always gone by that rule of thumb. If you can beat on it and it doesn't move, it should hold up to the bass.

Those look great and retain functionality of the trunk. I'm not quite ready for my audio project but am interested in these. What's the volume (cubic foot) in these boxes?

Dang you Hicksta and your ability to continually make my mod list longer - had to move it to Excel just to keep up with all my plans!

Nice work executor! Really look well made and sturdy!

Those look great and retain functionality of the trunk. I'm not quite ready for my audio project but am interested in these. What's the volume (cubic foot) in these boxes?

Dang you Hicksta and your ability to continually make my mod list longer - had to move it to Excel just to keep up with all my plans!

:)

Volume, not exact, is somewhere between.7-.8 cf. I guess right in the middle at .75, but I wont swear to that number because I have never gotten it exactly calculated.

Bump for pics of 'The Twins'

:D

I cannot be held responsible for any modding addictions :D

As executor485 said, .75 cu ft is the rough size. I used about half a pound of polyfill in each of them, and I've gotta say they sound great. I'm not trying to get anyone's attention...I just want some nice bass and I have that with my current setup.

:lol: @ Excel...I've had a mod tracker spreadsheet with costs for awhile. I'm ashamed to look at it most days :redface:

:)

Volume, not exact, is somewhere between.7-.8 cf. I guess right in the middle at .75, but I wont swear to that number because I have never gotten it exactly calculated.

/agree

Even though they're slightly less than the minimum recommended enclosure I think they sound great. I'm sure some audiophiles may disagree, but they don't drive my car ;)

That's great! How about mounting depth, 6.9" doable?

The mount depth of my Kicker CompVX 10s is 5 15/16". I may take one out to measure it for you. If I do I'll let you know what the depth is.

• 1 month later...

Yuck. It may look descent covered up w/ sub(woofer) drivers & grills, but the glass work is absolutely horrible. Did the fabricator even use an appropriate roller or did s/he just dab the resin on w/ a paint brush?

I am not a fan of the subwoofer rings either. -The drivers & grills serve as an "obstacle" in the opening & closing of the spare tire lid. Why didn't the fabricator use two rings & press them together allowing for a flush mount fitment? Is it that hard?

+1 for the appropriate color for the carpet, but man look at the cut-out. What did the fabricator use to trim his/her carpet? -A butter knife?

The flow is horrible also. Take a look at the overall outline of the enclosure. -Specifically the bottom. Clearly, it's uneven.

I almost feel bad for the people that bought these.

cough, cough.... my review/response is worthless w/out:

http://legacygt.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1194

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=113241&d=1330388117

Please continue. I find it somewhat entertaining how much of an ass you constantly make yourself out to be.

I am done. I just wanted to point out a few flaws in the enclosures. -I do not feel it is fair that some people's hard earned money are going to such a poor built product w/out them even knowing about it.

I am done. I just wanted to point out a few flaws in the enclosures. -I do not feel it is fair that some people's hard earned money are going to such a poor built product w/out them even knowing about it.

What if he is satisfied with the workmanship? Who are you to come in and dog on somebody else's work and decide the value of the product?

Don't you have a paper to write or something?

The customer (you know...the people who's hard earned money you are so concerned about?) is who "he" is.

And that's your opinion and you should use that when you sell your glass work.

Yes, I am concerned about the consumer's hard earned money. I'm a fair guy, thus my reasoning.

...Really? This forum is filled w/ opinions. It's a forum & I gave mine.

Really FiberGlassCustoms? That's how we do now? Jump in someone else's review thread trashing a product? Executor has sold a ton of these boxes here and has many, many happy customers. As stated in the OP, I'm very happy with these boxes. On top of that, I supported a member of this forum who builds these on the side, and provides OUTSTANDING customer service from start to finish. So I could give a F&%K if you think you have a better product. Why don't you try to work to sell your product by promoting it IN YOUR OWN THREAD?

Really FiberGlassCustoms? That's how we do now? Jump in someone else's review thread trashing a product? Executor has sold a ton of these boxes here and has many, many happy customers. As stated in the OP, I'm very happy with these boxes. On top of that, I supported a member of this forum who builds these on the side, and provides OUTSTANDING customer service from start to finish. So I could give a F&%K if you think you have a better product. Why don't you try to work to sell your product by promoting it IN YOUR OWN THREAD?

Settle down now hicksta. Just because you realize how a correctly built fiberglass enclosure should be fabricated, you don't have to get all mad at me because yours wasn't built very well.

I gave my opinion & that is that:)

Cheers:)

Archived