LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

When would it engage/ how would it know?

Wheel speed sensor discrepancy like ABS?

how its controled stock ..

its actively engaging based on throttle input and speed.

it passively adjusts if there is a big difference ie your stuck.

how my car acts is the car wants to oversteer if it does kick out the back and i'm spining it engages the front to bring it back.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I keep having customers over-cooling their ATF because they plumbed their coolers wrong. You can hardly tell with a stock valve body, but with a modified valve body it can make the transmission unhappy. In either case, it's not good.

Enjoy: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/properly-plumb-your-5eat-transmission-cooler-221643.html?p=4743891#post4743891

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Currently in the Philippines. I have a 2010 Legacy GT BR9 with 5EAT tranny. Everything is running fine, and I purchased the vagcom cable and downloaded the free ssm. I recently made an ATF, front and rear diff fluid change. I read somewhere that upon changing fluid you have to reset the adaptations of your tranny to maximize the fluid changes. So I just got the cable today and did the clear 2 function. Then my AT OIL TEMP light started blinking 4 times a second. I tried searching the web about on how to take it out or on how to finish the learning. I have drove it about 10miles on intelligent mode but nothing happened. The light still blinks. Ive tried driving it hard and still nothing. Now im lost on how to do the learning for the transmission. It only says on the free ssm that its "not completed" theres basically nothing wrong with the way it drives now from before I used the clear 2. Can somebody help me finish the learning for this. I have read thru some post over here that theres a procedure but the only procedure I saw was with the use of the SSM3 only.

Thanks and more power to you guys. Hope someone can help me

:::: Drive it like you stole it!!!

Damn, that doesn't sound good. Have you bothered to try disconnecting the battery for a while? It can't hurt. I wonder if FreeSSM is specifically compatible with your 2010's TCU and the TCU clear operation. Possibly a visit to a dealer could clear the code, or they could reflash the TCU.

Disconnecting the battery will neither reset the TCU, nor will it clear the stored code.

When you say that FreeSSM says "not completed" do you mean that you get that message upon resetting the learned parameters 2? That may indicate that FreeSSM is not compatible.

Was the light blinking before you hooked up FreeSSM?

At this point your only option is going to the dealer and having them use SSM to interface with the TCU properly, find out the root cause of the flashing light and go from there.

Have you checked your ATF fluid level?

Disconnecting the battery will neither reset the TCU, nor will it clear the stored code.

When you say that FreeSSM says "not completed" do you mean that you get that message upon resetting the learned parameters 2? That may indicate that FreeSSM is not compatible.

Was the light blinking before you hooked up FreeSSM?

At this point your only option is going to the dealer and having them use SSM to interface with the TCU properly, find out the root cause of the flashing light and go from there.

Have you checked your ATF fluid level?

Thanks bro. And yes it says the not completed upon pressing the clear 2 option. I doubt that its not compatible since it can read and display all the data of my 5EAT. I believe that its an incomplete version since its free. Theres no initialize and has no instruction on how to proceed with learning. My AT OIL TEMP blinked right after the clear. AT FLUID good since it newly replaced

Disconnecting the battery (and thus resetting the ECU's learning) does mess with the TCU or TCU's learning. I do not know the full story there, but many people have said the trans shifted differently immediately following a battery disconnect/reconnect. Take that with a grain of salt, since who knows why or what exactly goes on there.

Thanks bro. And yes it says the not completed upon pressing the clear 2 option. I doubt that its not compatible since it can read and display all the data of my 5EAT. I believe that its an incomplete version since its free. Theres no initialize and has no instruction on how to proceed with learning. My AT OIL TEMP blinked right after the clear. AT FLUID good since it newly replaced

FreeSSM was written a while ago. We were lucky to have some bits of it work so well for the 4th gen cars. 5th gen is an even bigger reach, apparently not a successful one.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Disconnecting the battery (and thus resetting the ECU's learning) does mess with the TCU or TCU's learning. I do not know the full story there, but many people have said the trans shifted differently immediately following a battery disconnect/reconnect. Take that with a grain of salt, since who knows why or what exactly goes on there.

FreeSSM was written a while ago. We were lucky to have some bits of it work so well for the 4th gen cars. 5th gen is an even bigger reach, apparently not a successful one.

Hey bro,

Have been reading your work. So you havent tried the clear 2 option yet? Or have you tried it on the 4th gens with the free ssm?

Blinking AT OIL TEMP on mine looks like it waiting for an initiation to learn. Or to start procedure. But theres no option on the freeSSM to do that..

• Mega Users
That's odd. I've never had a blinking at temp light after a TCU reset. At least with the 4th gen, I have felt no difference between doing the learning and not. Its difficult to do the learning process. Basically you need a flat long road that you can just barely go through all the gears at less than 10% throttle. Sounds simple untill you actually try it. Or a lift.

Hey bro,

Have been reading your work. So you havent tried the clear 2 option yet? Or have you tried it on the 4th gens with the free ssm?

Blinking AT OIL TEMP on mine looks like it waiting for an initiation to learn. Or to start procedure. But theres no option on the freeSSM to do that..

I have used FreeSSM TCU reset 1 and 2 with success many times on many 4th gen cars. I have no knowledge of what all is required or done for the 5th gen resets :(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing strange behavior with my f1 modded trans. The car is finally starting to make some power through tuning (thanks cryo) and during pulls the tach seems to stall. Here is the scenario. 4th gear sport mode, 3k rpm. Start the pull, and the car accelerates as expected, revs climb smoothly with rpm and then the tach seems to lag at around 4-4500 rpm while the speed continues to climb. I'm not feeling any slippage and everything looks fine with the exception of the tach lag. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I going for a similar setup, VF52, 710cc or 850cc injectors, dw65c fuel pump, Catless uppipe, Catless downpipe and 3" cat back, hoping to get 280-300whp on pump gas, but I will definitely go for Hexmods to take care of the 5eat and get better shifting. I have the last 3 months collecting pieces only waiting for a good affordable TMIC and injectors. Tuning then go for the Hexmods.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a hexmodded stage 4 build (cp forged,full catless, borla UEL header, gs up/ invidia down, stock cat back, fms tmic, BNR 18g, 740's) tuned to 21.5 psi. No issues after about 8 k on stage 4, 150k total. I feel like I'm pushing it on the tc though.

Not sure on power, I'd guess 280-300 ish