LegacyGT.com

ipod your European , Japanese and Australian Legacy

pattali

Hello folks,

I am glad to tell you that my direct aux-in works like a charm.

In fact I order a Jazzy aux in board but It can't work because the ribbon in Europe is too large 22 wires and 14.

So today I removed and opened my HU. In fact on the CD player board, you can read at 3 solding point L chann, R chann and Sign Ground. Just have to sold 3 wires that I sold directly to Jazzy aux in board, It took one hour and HURA it's work. See photos.

Thanks to Jazzy and Centerpunch .

0.jpg.f493b057b073d303a9f3c2a3042cad46.jpg

100_2716.jpg.607422546722ed735aeb5cebbb90f6d3.jpg

100_2717.jpg.a652159eb78a9a0f266225babee3f51b.jpg

100_2719.jpg.9113541c1a18c8fd33c3c2c5b07dd61f.jpg

100_2720.jpg.528f98b4e8a7f18bc881f883d882c48f.jpg

Hurray! :) Well, i'm glad to hear my board wasn't a complete waste for ya, even if it took a whole lot of extra work & investigating to use it. Thanks for the follow up and the pictures. If you get a chance, post a bigger one of the CD circuit board & where you soldered the wires.

Congrats on your install & thanks again for the info. Hopefully someone else will put it to good use too.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

In fact my camera doesn't take macro. But I was certain that I was obliged to sold on the ribbon connector (pin 21 sg, pin 17 for LF, pin 15 for RF), but I saw 3 solding point on the cd circuit board where you can read Signal ground, left channel and right channel. So It was really easy to test the aux-in and then to solder 3 wires on it.

I need like other to buy a GLI in order to play Ipod with Belkin adapter.

This is very good news indeed but I am a bit reluctant to solder directly on the mainboard. I've done a bit of searching and found this: http://www.lompec.nl/KenwoodPC.htm. It might work since our HU is a Kenwood but I cannot figure out which signal on the diagrams that Mario5 submitted that corresponds to REQC. Maybe the protocol is modified but there might still exist an input that can be used in the same way, i.e. by feeding it 5V we could trick the HU into thinking that there is a CHR connected....

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

sorry for the delay,

There is not really news about this subjects except that's 2 years that I enjoy my ipod mini or our Ipod photo 40 gb playing such great sound , If you want other detail of my installation : ask me !

In fact it's not really difficult to sold such aux-in into HU !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello George, was you also succsessful with you installation? I need more information how to connect my portable MP3 to the GX-201 in my Scoobi. Has anyone a detailed description with all steps?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for the tip. I've installed it in an european (dutch) car without the mod (why do u need it with this solution?). REally easy, one 3.5 inch stereo connector and the other side the 3 wires (massa, left ch, right ch).

A lot of screws, that's the work (and the ironing).

The abbreviation of the left ch and so on, is written on the motherboard of the cd player.

When someone needs help, pls let me know

Thanks for the tip. I've installed it in an european (dutch) car without the mod (why do u need it with this solution?). REally easy, one 3.5 inch stereo connector and the other side the 3 wires (massa, left ch, right ch).

A lot of screws, that's the work (and the ironing).

The abbreviation of the left ch and so on, is written on the motherboard of the cd player.

When someone needs help, pls let me know

Do you have any pics about this build? Would appreciate this.

Archived