LegacyGT.com

lateral links

Three blind mice

I have just had an allignment and been told the camber is very low on the right rear, and that the adjusters are frozen so they cannot adjust the rear toe. They said the bolts on the lateral link are frozen, and they recommend cutting it and ordering the replacement kit parts 60$ labor 250$ after a second allignment.

I have agreed to the work for next week, but just want a second opinion if there are any other fixes. I think some part of the suspension is bent and that the camber won't be fixed but only improved with the links.

Can anyone enlighten me? TBM:cool:

Your 04 shares the rear suspension with 05. You can use 05+ adjustable lateral links. Problem is they are not easily available. A member was selling them on this forum but he ran out. Otherwise there are Perrins but they are not recommended due to non-sealed bearings. In Japan HKS makes a set. I believe Whiteline also has adjustable bushings but I never heard about anyone using them, neither them being marketed in the U.S.

My 05 LGT had completely rusted in toe and lateral link bolts. The bolts were rusted into the sleeves so bad that we had to cut them out (PITA). Even after they were cut we were not able to press them out till I took it to a shop and they had a 50t (or something huge like that) press.

I strongly recommend the lateral links for adjustable rear camber. The car was soo much easier to align with them.

Anyone have any sources for adjustable links, or should I replace all the rear links and hope it fixes the camber issue. should standard links be purchased thrue Subaru? It looks like there are 3 rods/links that exist on the right rear, is that correct? Thanks again, having the work done on Friday and want to come with knowledge and possibly quality parts in hand-

TBM:)

• 3 months later...

Archived