LegacyGT.com

What is the best radar on the market?

legacyboy8929

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got a solo s2 wireless radar detector, i love it, i have two now, so if you wanna buy the other one id be willing to part with it for cheap, its according to all the best wireless detector out there. they sell for 340, id willing to give it up for 250 if ud like.

Guest subiecity
2 things 1) NEVER RELY ON A RADAR DETECTOR THININ ITS GONNA SAVE YOUR ASS EVERYTIME, it will help alot , dont forget it only picks up cops who have their radar on, IT DOES NOT PICK UP ALL COPS, if their radar is off well they are undetectable, 2) get a V1,...i spent 200 on a scorpion and it actually works great and saved my ass quite a few times i wouldnt trade, but the v1 is great just cuz of the arrows otherwise they all work pretty much the same

Valentine 1 is supposed to be the best - 2 radios that provide directionality.

I have a Whistler that's pretty decent, and I can disable specific bands, so when I'm travelling down the highway and the "traffic cameras" send out their x-band radar, I don't have to listen to it. I'm sure my unit isn't as sensitive as my friend's Valentine 1, but he can't use his on our local highway without going crazy. I don't believe Valentine 1 can disable any bands.

When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Guest subiecity
so wait, a radar detector does not pick up cops who arent using radar? :lol:

well, no radar detectors pick up cops....they only detect their lasers DUH:p

It's between the V1 or the passport 8500. I have a V1 and really like it.

If you are using one you still have to adjust how you drive and learn how to read the detector. Even then it's still very possible to get a ticket by instant on or laser. The only 100% way to avoid being pulled is to slow down.

Archived