LegacyGT.com

Snow tire for specB?

mad99

What size and brand snow tires are specB owners using?

I want a 17" performance snow tire with diameter similar to the OEM 18" tire, but the options seem to be very limited.

I have 225/45-17 Blizzak LM-25 on 17x8 wheels. The wheel is wider than I want (they shipped wrong size) and the diameter is smaller than stock. I want the stock diameter for better ground clearance and taller side wall to cushion potholes. Car is lowered on Pink springs.

215/45R18 25.7 inch dia (Stock Bridgestone RE050A)

215/50R17 25.5 inch dia (Dunlop Winter Sport M3, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3)

225/50R17 25.9 inch dia (Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3)

Are there any other good options? The new Blizzak LM-60 sounds good, but not available in a usable size.

PS - Anyone want to buy my tires and/or wheels? 225/45-17 Blizzak LM-25 on 17x8 Rota G-Force flat black, with TPMS.

I ordered these about 2 years ago from Tire Rack:

215/45R17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 on 17X7.5 5-100 wheels

The snow/ice performance is very good, and the dry performance is quite a bit less squirmy than winter tires I've previously owned.

I'm facing the same decision right now... which snows to get for my SpecB? I'm also looking at tire size of 215/50-R17 as I will be purchasing winter rims along with the tires. The Blizzak WS60 is definitely available in this size by the way. For me the debate is... do I go Blizzak WS60 or the Michelin X-Ice Xi2?? Any other suggestions?

Oh and for the record... it snowed up here this last weekend but only enough to put a light coat on the ground... not even an inch... and while the SpecB has no trouble accelerating on the stock summer tires, braking is a very scary experience. Don't run the summers in the winter!

I'm picking up a set of 17" enkei's tonight and just won my ebay bid on a set of blizzak WS-50's with less than 15K mikes on em. paid less than 400 for everything!! cant wait to get em in so i can take pixx

oyyea I think the wheels are 17x7 and the tires are 215/55/17 a wee bit taller but ill take what I can get.

I'm facing the same decision right now... which snows to get for my SpecB? I'm also looking at tire size of 215/50-R17 as I will be purchasing winter rims along with the tires. The Blizzak WS60 is definitely available in this size by the way. For me the debate is... do I go Blizzak WS60 or the Michelin X-Ice Xi2?? Any other suggestions?

Oh and for the record... it snowed up here this last weekend but only enough to put a light coat on the ground... not even an inch... and while the SpecB has no trouble accelerating on the stock summer tires, braking is a very scary experience. Don't run the summers in the winter!

yeah that snow made me get a move on with my snow setup as well! my buddy runs ws60s on his wrx and swears by them. this will be my second winter with my lgt (last year i ran the stock tires and they were hockey pucks) so i think im gonna give the ws60s a try. :cool:

... just won my ebay bid on a set of blizzak WS-50's with less than 15K mikes on em.

Just an FYI: like many winter tires, the first 55% of the Blizzak WS-50 tread depth features the Tube Multicell Compound while the remaining 45% features a standard winter tire compound. So used winter tires may not work as well as you expect for as many miles as you expect.

• 7 months later...
For the record... I ended up going with the Michelin X-Ice Xi2 and they are quite good in up to 6 inches of un-plowed snow. I thought they were very good on the highway too. Not as noisy as the WS60 but I think the WS60 will be better in deep snow. Just my $.02

Ah, specB's don't need snow tires!

I thought they had "special studded tires" that with a flick of a switch would pop out of the all seasons??

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived