LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

Well it's done now, I'll get it done right at AMR next month.

BTW The 26mm 2013+ 3.6R FSB and 20 mm 2015+ WRX RSB make a night and day difference verse stock. I actually feel confident going into turns now.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Great, but the 22mm would have been better. Doesn't matter that much for DD, though.

On a side note, in about a week, I should have the following for sale:

1. Custom single out exhaust.

2. DAMD steering wheel

3. AFE intake and custom parts for it.

4. Halfway done tarmac zero coilovers.

5. two sets of enkei rpf1 17x9 +45 in Special Brilliant Coating wrapped with 275/40/17 falken 615k.

Maybe more stuff....

Edited by fredrik94087

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

^^^ Great, but the 22mm would have been better. Doesn't matter that much for DD, though.

2. DAMD steering wheel

5. two sets of enkei rpf1 17x9 +45 in Special Brilliant Coating wrapped with 275/40/17 falken 615k.

Maybe more stuff....

checkbook waiting ;)

2. DAMD steering wheel

Maybe more stuff....

Can I get those Whiteline FSB bushings and brackets? If you still have your stockers.

2. DAMD steering wheel

Maybe more stuff....

Agreed it would have been but she is a DD and the wrx bar was far under the cost of the whiteline bar.

With all those parts, what do you have c planned....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2. DAMD steering wheel

Maybe more stuff....

Keep me in mind for the DAMD and AFE.

Why the garage sale!?

I traded shrek for fiona...a white wrx 6mt.

All bushings stay on the car.

There will be a boomba TB to add to the sale list.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Dibs on the boomba.

I think I am gonna get quite busy with responses next week.

On a side note...I dont believe the 3.6r motor has inherent issues.

I will say that oil starvation becomes an issue with high speed cornering and engine load for an extended period of time. This can happen with every production motor. I have heard it happen with a dry sump system.

A baffled oil pan can help. There is a "sump" that can be added which increases the oil capacity by a few quarts. An oil cooler is not a bad idea either but it can not take care of starvation in any way.

I traded shrek for fiona as it brought me back to my beloved evo 8. White turbo 2.0 no frills. I had test driven a 2015 wrx limited and a 2015 sti limited a few months back. Neither of them pulled the trigger. Maybe because they had "frills". To each his own, right?

Boomba, Damd steering wheel, two sets of enkeis with tires, and a set of brand new in box fortune coilovers with 500# springs are ready to go. Other parts will have to wait.

I will make a for sale thread in a few days.

let me know if you sell then throttle body. would make a nice addition to my build.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I know...you had asked for it a week ago I think. You are first in line.

Pm me and we can go from there.

Finally back from my mini honeymoon, on which I drove through West Virginia so I got to truly put the sway bars through its paces. :-)

The swaybars truly make the car feel sporty and shes no longer just a fast boat. I got to take her on some back roads that I frequently drive where the car felt near her limit at 40 before but now feels pretty solid at 50-55. Best of all the bars actually make me feel more confident in emergency situations. She no longer feels loose like she did before.

Up next is the transmission fluid will get drained/filled and she just got her last fill up of 87 octane before getting switched to 93 permanently.

In under a month, its up to AMR on July 20th and the car goes in for the headers/y pipe/tune/high flow cats/ultra quiet resonator install.

I will report back after all of that is installed and I get some time with the additional power

Notice

The Raptor EZ series headers - the new ultra cool version 2 are NOW IN STOCK for immediate shipping. Most people who inquired will now have received an email. If you have no email, email me asap as the stock is limited as always. raptorsc@westnet.com.au

This is all systems go.

This covers the following Legacy sedan models

4GEN EZ30

5GEN EZ36

6GEN EZ36

Edited by Tradewind

I traded shrek for fiona as it brought me back to my beloved evo 8. White turbo 2.0 no frills. I had test driven a 2015 wrx limited and a 2015 sti limited a few months back. Neither of them pulled the trigger. Maybe because they had "frills". To each his own, right?

Nothing wrong with being a purist. You want the best connection to the road with the least distractions as possible right? I am sure most of us would give many of the frills that come with the 3.6R just to have the 6 speed manual and that connection with the car.

Notice

The Raptor EZ series headers - the new ultra cool version 2 are NOW IN STOCK for immediate shipping. Most people who inquired will now have received an email. If you have no email, email me asap as the stock is limited as always. raptorsc@westnet.com.au

This is all systems go.

This covers the following Legacy sedan models

4GEN EZ30

5GEN EZ36

6GEN EZ36

Damn I want these. But alas. Buying a house and can't afford anything right now haha. Gotta get off this enabling site.

So what the best mid pipe to run? I know you probably already talked about it 50 pages back. I don't care to be to quite and going to run cat less. I have nameless sti muffler deletes.

I run catless as of right now, it gets extremely loud but I don't mind it to much. I had amr make me a custom y pipe, by far the best investment I made

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So what the best mid pipe to run? I know you probably already talked about it 50 pages back. I don't care to be to quite and going to run cat less. I have nameless sti muffler deletes.

Midpipe doesn't really become a problem without headers. But the way to do the midpipe is custom. I had mine made by a local fabricator... They had my car for about a week for measurements and to do the work, which was a little unfortunate, but AMR's a real hike for me.

My preference is with vibrant high flow cats. But do what you want... The car may smell a bit lawn-mower like and be loud without cats.

Midpipe doesn't really become a problem without headers. But the way to do the midpipe is custom. I had mine made by a local fabricator... They had my car for about a week for measurements and to do the work, which was a little unfortunate, but AMR's a real hike for me.

My preference is with vibrant high flow cats. But do what you want... The car may smell a bit lawn-mower like and be loud without cats.

That custom midpipe is truly the X factor and headache of the exhaust build. Since there is no standard, the price and quality can vary from shop to shop as they will be building it from scratch.

I go up to AMR in a few weeks and even though its a drive for me, I figure I will just get everything done at once. That and since they've already done it they know the dimensions required so time will be less. They told me only 2 days to get that done.

As for the cats, aside from the points above, if you have a significant other who doesn't like the rumble or noise, the cats and resonator are a must. Mine got sick from the rumble/vibration from sitting in an STi too long so I'm making sure the car is as quiet as possible after the installation.

Edited by Golferdude1087