LegacyGT.com

I take it back

The other day I posted about how my car never even gets a second glance. Well, some events the last couple days have led me to take it back. Yesterday, when I was driving home I drove by an oil change place that usually has someone standing outside holding a sign and waving for people to come in. He gave me a thumbs up. :)

Today, I was coming back from lunch with some other people from work (I wasn't driving) and we parked next to a WRX. They started talking about the WRX and how it was so fast, and then one guy started talking about the "new" black WRX that parks in the back lot. Turns out, he was talking about my car. :D

So, I love my car. May have been the 3 inches of salt that my car was buried under was why it wasn't noticed in the winter. Anyone else have any similar experiences recently?

P.S. As much as I want a car that doesn't get the attention of say an STi, I still enjoy it when it happens.

I was at Discount Tire yesterday picking up a wheel box to ship a wheel in. While pulling out of the lot back onto the road there were a couple guys coming down the sidewalk. They walked behind the car and turned around when they got to the other side and gave me an admiring thumbs up. That was the first time anyone has really commented or paid any attention to my car while I was around. I did hear somebody talking about how great the Legacy GT is in a restaraunt this weekend while waiting for a table. I don't know if he saw mine parked all by itself in the parking garage, or if it was just a coincidence. All I know is that I've only seen a couple LGTs on the road since they came out. I think people are still getting used to how cool they look.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

When I took my car in to have the tires rotated and balanced at Discount Tire, one of the guys that worked there was asking me a bunch of questions about it. He seemed to like it. The same day though, when I pulled up and went in and they enter the information in the computer the guy says:

"You have the Nissan, right?" and he points to my car.

I say, "No, it's a Subaru".

He says, "Oh, is that an Impreza?"

I say, "No, a Legacy"

Him: :confused:

I haven't got any finger :p or thumb from anybody while driving my GT, but it does attracts stares once in a while. Weeks ago two Integra kids looked at my car like they didn't know what it's... I think they even made a u-turn just to get a second look. Oh I finally saw a Red GT at noon yesterday and have to say it's the worst color (the Regal Blue looks very nice).

This Space For Rent

On the color scale I guess one has to be your favorite and one has to be the least favorite. I was considering the red for awhile, but its just got a little too much orange in it. Its not my least favorite color though. Personally I don't like the metal flake in the black ones. I would say my favorites go Regal Blue, Garnet Red, White, Silver, Atlantic Blue, Black. Not that any of those are disgusting colors. That's just personal preference.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I get alot of people squinting at the back of my car when they are behind me at a light. Only badge back there is the blue emblem...so they know its a sube....just can't figure out what. :)

If only I had a garage, my car would be debadged already. It hasn't been warm enough for me to do it via solar power alone since I bought the car.

When I took my car in to have the tires rotated and balanced at Discount Tire, one of the guys that worked there was asking me a bunch of questions about it. He seemed to like it. The same day though, when I pulled up and went in and they enter the information in the computer the guy says:

"You have the Nissan, right?" and he points to my car.

I say, "No, it's a Subaru".

He says, "Oh, is that an Impreza?"

I say, "No, a Legacy"

Him: :confused:

My first car was a 2000 Nissan Altima, and honestly, the main reason I was attracted to the Legacy GT is that, from a distance, they look exactly the same from the front. The rears are similar, but not as much so. Honestly, though, the Legacy front end is extremely similar to the Altima...right down to the single horizontal chrome bar.

the other day i was parked at mountain creek and i see a couple walking in front of us on the way to the lot. the guy was blatently sweatin my car, doing a double take and trying to figure out what make/model, then when he saw the owner (me) was right behind him, he quickly looked away. bahaha! my bf was like "see that? people are eyeing your car like crazy"

I haven't figured out why we say "our car is so awesome" and then we debadge it.....

I don't want people to know that my car is awesome by a badge alone, I want them to find out the hard way. :)

I don't want people to know that my car is awesome by a badge alone, I want them to find out the hard way. :)

lol Good answer. I debadged most of mine and then slapped a BOXER badge on there just to confuse them. ;)

OCDETAILS BLOG

The GT seriously cuts a great shape and from personal experience, its a real head turners especailly if the GT is super clean and lookin fine. They are not that commom on the road yet so that helps to get a few extra looks. The GT or the Subaru range for that matter does get brushed over as its a Japanese car but as we all know here in this forum, the GT / Subaru ROCKS.

Adam.

I haven't caught anyone outside of my Subaru club saying anything, except this one middle aged couple driving a Mazda 6. The wife said it was beautiful and since it was parked, I assume they liked the styling of the car not so much whats under the hood.

oh, and red is the fastarest color of all :p

First week I had the car, I pulled into a 7/11 and instantly two guys, one with an 04 Altima 3.5 and another with a 04 Maxima both started check my car out. They were very impressed and knew about the LGt's already. I remarked about how nice theirs were and they said yeah but the resale value of the Altima is horrible. Apparently Nissan Altima's loose value like crazy. Anyone else hear about this?

at least I think the yellow skyline is cool.

lol. Well, personally I don't think there is a worst color for the Legacys. I had a hard time picking just one because all of them look nice. Depends on what you like, but I just don't think we should call any one color the worst. :lol:

People still don't pay much attention to my car but when I introduce people to the car they comment that they like the car, especially the red color.

ibGRPistehfastar

First week I had the car, I pulled into a 7/11 and instantly two guys, one with an 04 Altima 3.5 and another with a 04 Maxima both started check my car out. They were very impressed and knew about the LGt's already. I remarked about how nice theirs were and they said yeah but the resale value of the Altima is horrible. Apparently Nissan Altima's loose value like crazy. Anyone else hear about this?

I mentioned that in the GT vs Altima thread. Everybody I have ever known with an Altima has complained about that. Granted, I don't hang out with an awful lot of Nissan drivers, but I do detail a lot of cars for people who are trying to sell them and I always ask about the depreciation. Its just a curiosity of mine. Nissan, Chevy, and Ford drivers cry the loudest about depreciation. I've never seen a sad Subie or Honda driver and very rarely a sad Toyota driver. Those are the ones that hold resale.

Red ? You seriously call that red ? Ferrari is RED.... Ferrari is YELLOW Mercedes is Silver, BMWM3 is SILVER, but our RED is not RED.

Adam.

That is exactly why I didn't get it. It wasn't red enough. A little too much yellow or orange or something.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived