LegacyGT.com

BG Transmission flush for my 4EAT

I just wanted to share my recent experience with this service and how it resolved my drive-line binding issue.

Relavant info:

BG Flush $135 +tax

2006 2.5i Wagon

26,500 miles

Car not driven hard with no towing. Plenty of stop and go in typical midwest weather (very hot summers and very cold winters).

Low miles for a tranny flush but the fluid is old (over 4 years) and shifts are hard in the winter on the OEM fluid. I was also having issues with drivetrain binding and vibration when making tight turns as well as the normal hard shifting of the 4EAT. I heard good things about the BG Universal Synthetic ATF and my dealer had a coupon for the flush (fluid exchange in reality) so I went with it.

Rough shifting is pretty much gone and the clutch binding when making turns is also gone. The service tech said that this service might make that go away and he was right.

I will have to see if this fluid will improve the cold weather shifting but I have high hopes.

Good to hear, mine is a bit rougher than I'm used to in the winter, or if I leave it in normal mode (very rare), it seems fine if it's in sport mode (normally is). Did you have this done at the dealer?

Yes, my local Subaru dealer perfomed the service. Much less expensive to do this exchange with the included BG ATF than with the Subaru ATF-HP fluid which is almost $10/qt at the parts counter (you need 13 qts for a full exchange).

I was happiest to see it fix the binding and vibration when turning issue as this was the most worrisome problem. It was staring to feel like my old '94 explorer when turning with 4x4 engaged on dry pavement, not good.

up here in CT they get ya for $229 for the BG flush. I'm at my 29k mark now and was planning on doing the BG flush soon instead of just draining and filling 3 times.(BTW I have a auto 3.0R) I will run a blackstone labs test on the fluid as well just to make sure the owner before me that had it for teh break in treated her well while I'm till under the 36k wrty.

Archived