LegacyGT.com

My new RBS Aero grill with pictures

disalex

Very easy to install. They packed it well but UPS DESTROYED the box, it looked like they ran it over with a truck. They mesh was loose on one side and there was a small crack in the fiberglass on the bottom where it won't be visible. To the credit of RBS Aero they immediately offered to replace it including the shipping. Since it didn't show I decided to just keep it, I'm impatient and wanted it on!

You can see pictures in my VBgarage here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1531

By the way that is the original front badge, I managed to get it off.

well I wasn't sure how it was on so I kind of experimented, drilled a few test holes etc

It's held on with double sided tape but there is a lip so you can't just get it off like the back trim. If I had to do it again I would:

Heat it up from the back with a heat gun.

Slide a razor knife between the trim and the grey plastic and twist very slowly and gently until I could get a screwdriver in and repeat the process. That is what finally worked and I was able to get it off without harm

I got mine today as well. Unfortunately my mesh was completely broken off the grill. So I am re-glueing it now. Do you happen to know where you are supposed to place the foam shim that came with it? I hope to install it tomorrow.

I have to wait for the glue to dry.

Very easy to install. They packed it well but UPS DESTROYED the box, it looked like they ran it over with a truck. They mesh was loose on one side and there was a small crack in the fiberglass on the bottom where it won't be visible. To the credit of RBS Aero they immediately offered to replace it including the shipping. Since it didn't show I decided to just keep it, I'm impatient and wanted it on!

You can see pictures in my VBgarage here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1531

By the way that is the original front badge, I managed to get it off.

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

The shim goes under the bumper skin if you have a gap between the grill and the top of the bumper.

What kind of shape was the outside box in? As I said mine was wrecked, I wonder if UPS was brutal with a whole load

Thanks for the shim info. The box looked fine; no apparent damage.

But it must have been jostled around enough to break the glue loose.

I wonder why they didn't fiberglass the mesh in place? The grill appears to be made of fiberglass anyway. I used some silicone. So I'll see how that holds up tomorrow...

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

my box looked like an elephant sat on it.....lol :lol:

i asked the driver what happened to it he said thats the way he got it, dumb ups driver must have figured she's a girl she dosent know. but i opened it up and all was ok with it, so i didnt think twice about it. still cant wait for my spats.

see boys girls like cars too...lol

sorry to hear ups damaged it :(

That looks really nice with the badge.

World of difference between your shots and the pre-delivery up on ramps stuff.

My wife gave the thumbs down on what she felt was the boy racer-ish-ness of the debadged grill (no offense intended) - and before she gets slammed - she's cool with the suspension, AP, and a TB so if she wrinkles her nose at a grill - I've got no reason not to just roll with it.

Might have to make sure she sees your pics though now. ;)

The badge is actually a 2 piece unit the chrome trim is seperate from the blue oval and it is hollow in the back. For now I just used a couple of layers of double sided tape, I might try to find something better at some point.

You should show your wife the pictures with the badge. I ran it for a day without the badge and I kept looking at it thinking "MAN that's a lot of black space". I think the badge makes a 100% difference

You should show your wife the pictures with the badge. I ran it for a day without the badge and I kept looking at it thinking "MAN that's a lot of black space". I think the badge makes a 100% difference

i thought the exact same thing seeing some pictures of badge-less sport grilles. i'm glad you figured out how to remove it off the stock grille! :)

How difficult is it to remove the grill mesh from that grill? I'd like to powdercoat it in black chrome to match my wheels and hood scoop insert.

-Tronix(c0l0r c00rd1n4t10n)GT

If it comes loose/ off in shipping, it probably won't be that hard...

On the original thread on the group buy for these grills there is some discussion towards the end about quality issues on the first grills that were shipped. Has anyone had any further quality issues with them?

Another thing - Does anyone know if the Outback Xt and the Legacy GT grills are identical?

Archived