LegacyGT.com

Well after having the entire engine replaced due to the fact that turbo blew up sent some particles into the motor ending its life.

Well dealership admitted their mistake and put in a new engine. my questions is how long do i have to wait, until i can install my after market exhaust and BOV. can i do it right away or wait after break in the engine wich is 1000 miles.

thanks for any help.

Oh jeez, please don't say you bought the LGT because you love the noises the turbo makes

Hey what's wrong with that ? That's why I bought mine, how about anybody else...:)

OP you can put anything you want on the car at anytime, it's your's, you own it. Just be smart about driving it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Are they offering any kind of warranty on their work? If so, I'd get the 1,000 miles down first before altering anything. If, for example, it blew up again during the 1,000 miles, and they were warranting their work, they could potentially deny the warranty if you modified the vehicle.

Are they offering any kind of warranty on their work? If so, I'd get the 1,000 miles down first before altering anything. If, for example, it blew up again during the 1,000 miles, and they were warranting their work, they could potentially deny the warranty if you modified the vehicle.

thanks for the heads up i will bring that up to them as far as warranty sake thats a very good point.

My hunch was right. Not to start a flamewar here, but I was sure he's not interested in actual performance, just noise and pshhhhhht by automatically reaching for the exhaust and BOV. These things aren't Civics or SRT-4s, man. Spend your money on some real gains. It's great that the dealer admitted their fault, but do you also admit your lack of common sense?

We appreciate your attempt at keeping us owners informed, but we kinda already knew about that whole issue with pick-up tube failures and such. Perhaps you should do some more reading around here.

:confused: please tell me you are joking. why after you get a new engine; essentially a new car would you choose to get rid of it?

unless you plan on driving the car while the oil light is on again; if thats the case get a bicycle;)

hey red question. after all this headech is this car worth keeping or since i have a new engine get rid of it.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

you need to lighten up. no one is trying to start a fight with you.

so again, why would you get rid of the car after getting a new engine?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

well it seems that it's the day off for some members.they have nothing better to do but to come and start some nonsense.

If you are insisting that what I, for example, wrote is nonsense, I think we can expect another thread come soon with yet some more engine problems. You may want to review your tuning plans and do the research accordingly, educate yourself what a blow-off valve does and does not do, what the difference between recirculatory and vent is, so on and so forth. After you've done all this, then you can come back and call shenanigans on us :) Until then, why don't you have a seat and listen to what some of us have to say. You are new, after all.

We're not looking to start a fight. At the very worst we're calling you out on stuff.

If you are insisting that what I, for example, wrote is nonsense, I think we can expect another thread come soon with yet some more engine problems. You may want to review your tuning plans and do the research accordingly, educate yourself what a blow-off valve does and does not do, what the difference between recirculatory and vent is, so on and so forth. After you've done all this, then you can come back and call shenanigans on us :) Until then, why don't you have a seat and listen to what some of us have to say. You are new, after all.

We're not looking to start a fight. At the very worst we're calling you out on stuff.

i don't recall my self as coming here trying to be an expert. all i did is ask questions.

but what i seem to have come a cross is. bunch of wanna be know it all guys, that can't correct or help people wihtout being harsh and make fun of them.

if i the dumb guy as you might be insinuating, ended up with a new engine in my car, than i hope i can teach you one day on how to interact in a smart way.

guys plz focus on helping people and whats important in life. if you were bullied arround in school, no reason for you to come and seek vengence on the net.

end of this thread move on DUDEZ

Because he has lost faith in the ability of the engine to hold up under next to no oil pressure?

word in the street that nebraska has some good corn oil good for the engine can you help me get some.

that will bring my faith back in to my motor hahahahaha

:spin::spin::spin:

E85? You bet. We have 5 gas stations in Lincoln alone that carry it.

You'll need injectors, pump and a tune and in the end will beat a car set-up for Sunoco 100 race gas, at a fraction of the fuel cost. Anything else you care to find out?

E85? You bet. We have 5 gas stations in Lincoln alone that carry it.

You'll need injectors, pump and a tune and in the end will beat a car set-up for Sunoco 100 race gas, at a fraction of the fuel cost. Anything else you care to find out?

no was referring to cooking corn oil word its good for lube :eek::eek::eek:

the_condor quoted you saying you drove with the oil light on.

Common man, you have to expect some razzing from people when you drive your car with the engine light on and that results in engine failure. what would you expect?

if you've spent anytime on this forum than you'd know this happens. I've said done dumb things in the past and have faced the same torture.

if you need faith in your motor, pay attention to your engine lights.

the_condor quoted you saying you drove with the oil light on.

Common man, you have to expect some razzing from people when you drive your car with the engine light on and that results in engine failure. what would you expect?

if you've spent anytime on this forum than you'd know this happens. I've said done dumb things in the past and have faced the same torture.

if you need faith in your motor, pay attention to your engine lights.

i am thick skinned brother not thick headed. i dont get offended by what you guys give me. i just give it back in a "nice" way.

the light was on when i started the car. damage was done allready bro. if i drove it. its because i wanted to get the most out of my warranty, and i sure did NEW ENGINE.

i got fed up with this car. 2 blown turbos and now engine light. the dealership i took it to, from the first blown turbo are a bunch of yoyos.

first blown turbo. not only i told them check for metal particules inside the engine. cause the turbo bearing split, so my guessing some of that ended inside the engine, they didn't do so. all they did is replace turbo did they check for clogged banjo bolt offcourse not.

well with that second turbo was out. dealership blamed it on the tech. i addematly asked to check the engine for metals, they told me you're just over reacting.

well i guess i wasn't. since the first blown turbo metal went inside and damaged the engine. it wasn't the oil pressure as some might have assumed, i even asked the dealership, they even confirmed that they found the metal particules i was reffering to.

Archived