LegacyGT.com

What is this?

So it's a tuning computer. But since it's not supported... no good? If I sold it would there be any interest?

Your car may be "using" it now. The Accessport is what tuners use to download a new tune to your car. If you connect to the OBD port under the dash it should ask if you want to "marry" it to your car. Marrying it to your car means that if you don't unmarry it, it will not work with another car. Also if you have any performance parts on the car, like a downpipe, exhaust, intake, larger turbo, it most likely is married to your car right now. If it still works, Cobb tuners can still tune your car with it, or alternatively if you remove any existing performance parts you could unmarry it and sell it. If it breaks, Cobb won't fix it.

If you don't unmarry it, it would cost damn near new price to unlock it for the buyer. Then again Cobb won't touch it.

:whore: Cobb told me the same thing when I went looking to buy a v1. See below....

John (COBB Support)

Jan 14 10:12 AM

As it turns out it will not. The V1 is year, model, and transmission specific. Also, I would recommend you never use a V1 to flash your car. They are much too old to be used safely.

Thank you,

John

ph: 866-922-3059

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=gKTRzDsN8KLgZF6wrtwe5YDRtiltY9i1%2bqSgoGhAOEE%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2faccessecu.com%2fsig%2fimages%2fcobblogoHQ.jpg

Cobb has been trying to get those off the market for a while. They even had (probably still do) a trade-in program for them. Of course they don't want you to use it..then you can't buy a new one with a bunch of features you may never use.

I have two friends with 05 LGTs who still use the v1 to flash the off-the-shelf maps no problem. Those maps haven't been revised in ages, and you can still download them from Cobb for 2005/6 5MT/5EAT.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Maps-Archives-s/70671.htm#/v/accessport/maps/subaru/original/V1-LGT-Map-Grid

:whore: Cobb told me the same thing when I went looking to buy a v1. See below....

John (COBB Support)

Jan 14 10:12 AM

As it turns out it will not. The V1 is year, model, and transmission specific. Also, I would recommend you never use a V1 to flash your car. They are much too old to be used safely.

Thank you,

John

ph: 866-922-3059

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=gKTRzDsN8KLgZF6wrtwe5YDRtiltY9i1%2bqSgoGhAOEE%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2faccessecu.com%2fsig%2fimages%2fcobblogoHQ.jpg

LOL Tell me about it, Fried 2 ECU's with a used V1 and ended up pawning it off to the next for free.

We've got one of these sitting in the box in the trunk of the STi. I haven't seen a V1 AP in ages since we got it tuned by TopSpeed in Atlanta.

Note what Alaskajoel said, they haven't made revisions to the maps in ages, so the lean fuel trim in boost issue, and the excess timing on cylinder 2 and 4 aren't addressed in any maps that can be used by this device. They claim that this version doesn't have the processing power or memory needed to support updates. You can still probably trade that V1 AP in to COBB and get credit towards a new accessport, I believe it's only 100 dollars, but it's good incentive if you want a new Accessport.

Thanks for all the comments. I honestly believe I'm the last person that should be messing with anything mechanically related to this car. It works, and that's what I need. So, I guess I'll just leave this thing in the box and let it collect dust in my garage.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cars that needs to be messed around with mechanically. There's a list of things that you need to do to prevent failure later down the line, for example, a common one is removing the factory up-pipe and replacing it with a catless up-pipe, if this hasn't been done, it needs to be the highest priority on your list.

Where is this list? This n00b would like to know.

I had to get an exhaust leak fixed and was told that the downpipe and up pipes were replaced with slightly bigger ones... which would have been illegal if done in CA, but it was done in FL, and still passes CA smog, so it's all good.

I have no idea what a banjo filter is. :(

Crash,

Covertrussian and myself created this list a while back to highlight common problems with the 4th gens. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my05-09-legacy-gt-common-issues-230230.html

You'll find the section about banjo bolts under turbo failure, along with catalyst in up pipe information. I'd give this list a read over personally.

A catless up pipe should not effect emissions testing, though for the sake of any visual inspection i'd use an OEM STI pipe.

Archived