LegacyGT.com

upgrades to make my LGT better looking and faster? help!?

Better throw on your search suit cause you're gonna need it. Go to the members rides forum and look. Then search til your eyes are gonna bleed. We can tell you what we think is cool, but it's your car. In a couple months you'll realize this comment isn't mean :)

^^^^^^^^What he said, searching is your friend. For starters check out what it's gonna take to get to stage 2, that's a lot of fun for a DD, and look around the photos and exterior forums to get some idea's on looks. Can't go wrong with some clean rims and a drop, but like "gotsflat4love" said it's your car so do what ever the H%ll you please!

I hate the "stage 1" and "stage 2" designation stuff.

I forget how the guys here file these..

Stage 1 - Computer tuning

Stage 2 - Down-pipe and computer tuning

Stage 3 - Down-pipe, turbo, injectors, pump, tuning, etc.

Something like that, I'm sure someone will tell me that I got it wrong. lol

Stop posting. Start reading. A lot. Then ask if you still don't know. It's only fair, people who know already took the time to answer all these questions, and you will get more complete answers if you look for them.

By the way this site's search feature is almost useless. So use google and start your google search with "site:legacygt.com" so if I want to learn about downpipe fitment, then search for something like "site:legacygt.com downpipe fit catback"

Then read.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Ok so this is going to sound idiotic but I plan on getting a Perrin cat-back exhaust. Do all down pipes work with all exhausts? And if I bought the full exhaust and down pipe all at once would that make it easier to install?

Couldn't resist.

Still, agreed with everybody else. Searching is your friend. There's way too many options to just tell somebody to do this and your car will be done. The "stages" that choppedair listed above are correct, and Stage 2 is a very nice and not too expensive place to start. First thing to start searching about: the Cobb AccessPort.

Yes, I'm aware of open source tuning. Wrong target audience, IMO.

You are new to forums or modding? Hard to give you an answer when you have not posted a budget.

First things to do?

Tint Windows $200

Ebay VAG-COM Cable $15 (search tuning thread for Using Ebay VAG COM cable)

Infamous 1 stage 1 etune $200 or less ($175? 150?)

If you want more:

ERZ/CNT Downpipe Catted $330 shipped

STI Uppipe $50 + OEM gaskets $20 or M2 up $30+grimspeed 12 layer gasket $18

any 3" Catback Exhaust

Infamous1 Stage 2 tune

At stage 2 you will also need

Hawk HPS brake pads.

Your 5-6 year old suspension is not going to cut it from stage2 on either.

Something like that, I'm sure someone will tell me that I got it wrong. lol

Correct! :lol:

Stage 1 = tune

Stage 2 = at minimum DP (and UP in OP case) + tune

Stage 3 = stage 2 + turbo and tune - injectors and fp not needed to be stage 3, they take your stage 3 further often called...

Stage 3.5 or even stage 4:rolleyes:

I've heard bout the Cobb AccessPort but what exactly does it do.

^apparently OP doesn't know how to do a basic internet search. Asking people to research for you is destined for failure. Too many opinions and too many "right" answers.v Either educate yourself or DONT MOD IT (or be miserable with your mods).

Seriously NOT being a dick. You HAVE to research so you know what you even want.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=2430

Seriously NOT being a dick. You HAVE to research so you know what you even want.

+1 Just spend a few days rolling through the forums. There are so many ways to go, that only you will know what you want. It'll help you down the road too, its definitely time well spent.

It'll save you from receiving a lot of smart-ass responses as well :lol:

Better throw on your search suit cause you're gonna need it. Go to the members rides forum and look. Then search til your eyes are gonna bleed. We can tell you what we think is cool, but it's your car. In a couple months you'll realize this comment isn't mean :)

Stop posting. Start reading. A lot. Then ask if you still don't know. It's only fair, people who know already took the time to answer all these questions, and you will get more complete answers if you look for them.

By the way this site's search feature is almost useless. So use google and start your google search with "site:legacygt.com" so if I want to learn about downpipe fitment, then search for something like "site:legacygt.com downpipe fit catback"

Then read.

Couldn't resist.

Still, agreed with everybody else. Searching is your friend. There's way too many options to just tell somebody to do this and your car will be done. The "stages" that choppedair listed above are correct, and Stage 2 is a very nice and not too expensive place to start. First thing to start searching about: the Cobb AccessPort.

Yes, I'm aware of open source tuning. Wrong target audience, IMO.

^apparently OP doesn't know how to do a basic internet search. Asking people to research for you is destined for failure. Too many opinions and too many "right" answers.v Either educate yourself or DONT MOD IT (or be miserable with your mods).

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=2430

+1 Just spend a few days rolling through the forums. There are so many ways to go, that only you will know what you want. It'll help you down the road too, its definitely time well spent.

It'll save you from receiving a lot of smart-ass responses as well :lol:

All answers can be found here

Also, read the stickies in each sub-forum. They're stickied for a reason. ;)

It's only because we love you :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I understand modding trust me. But just new with the subaru world. Iv looked into the AP and is it good to get it first. Budget is not a problem.

Alright, I'll bite. What is your modding background? Who did the installs? Where did you get your information? If you say something like Honda or Intake or Body Kit or Stereo, I'm sure we will be more than willing to help you out.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Alright, I'll bite. What is your modding background? Who did the installs? Where did you get your information? If you say something like Honda or Intake or Body Kit or Stereo, I'm sure we will be more than willing to help you out.

Well played. :lol:

I feel like this needs to be posted here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWnAdB-vkXo]YouTube- A Day in the Life of an Internet Car Forum[/ame]

It actually was honda and yes stereo, intake, exhaust, cam work, and little bit of head work, suspension. But that crap completely different. Iv been reading tonight. I'm ready to get an APort but dnt get the TDC map everyone loves? Big defference then cobb maps?

I'll bite on the wheels portion. If you don't want to roll and pull the fenders, buy the wheels first, then look at the lowering springs/coilovers. I went for the 1 inch drop with Tein H-techs and then went to 18x8 +45 offset on my wheels and had to roll and pull because of the offset.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Yeah. Pay close attention to the offset and read xenonk's post in the wheels and tires thread. Unless someone can roll and pull for cheap (know someone with a rolling machine/trust yourself with a heatgun and baseball bat) or you get camber plates. Luckily I know someone that can do the roll/pull for me.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived