LegacyGT.com

EWG Uppipe vs EWG Exhaust Housing?... Which is better?

LouzGT

If I'm not mistaken, you really only NEED an EWG if you are outflowing the IWG and overboosting your targets.

Super free flowing, full catless or mufflerless exhausts usually necessitate the use of an EWG.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Your answering around my question and EWG is always better than IWG because the tuner can control the boost better. Anyway to help you out I have a fully built motor going in along with a atp gtx 3076r and a fully catless exhaust. Not to sound like a D*** I just want to know which is better... not about iwg vs ewg

Your answering around my question and EWG is always better than IWG because the tuner can control the boost better. Anyway to help you out I have a fully built motor going in along with a atp gtx 3076r and a fully catless exhaust. Not to sound like a D*** I just want to know which is better... not about iwg vs ewg

Not to sound like a d*** but maybe do some research before you spend multi-thousands on a built motor and turbo?

Not to sound like a d*** but maybe do some research before you spend multi-thousands on a built motor and turbo?

Love how things get off topic so easily lmao...anyhow if someone else could help out that would be great.

Well when you say "exhaust housing" it kind of sounds like you are talking about the turbo exhaust housing, which usually houses an IWG.

Sorry.

I guess I still don't know what you are asking.

If you don't use an EWG uppipe (pre-turbo) like everyone else, where the hell else would you put an EWG?

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-SUB-006&Category_Code=BCS

the turbo the OP is referring to has an optional turbine housing the comes with a flange for an external wastegate, he's not asking about internal vs. external. With that said i think you would get a better answer from a tuner that has tuned both versions. The only difference is going to be in the precision of the boost control. I don't personally think there is going to be much of a difference in moving it from the up-pipe to the housing.

+1. I don't think it would make a huge difference, and I would base the decision on what parts you currently have. If you already have an up pipe that you want to use, use the exhaust housing ewg. You could always block it off with a blocking plate and put the ewg on the up pipe later.

If I had to say, I'd guess an ewg in the up pipe would be better. You're allowing gases to bypass the turbine housing entirely, which I would think would increase flow and allow for less turbulence in the exhaust housing. It also allows you to use whatever size ewg you want.

Archived