LegacyGT.com

Help with Cobb 6 speed STS

zeroryde

:confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::spin:

Hey guys, I'm helping my friend out with his 07 Spec B and he got a Cobb DA STS for the 6 speed. The problem is, when we were trying to put the shifter to the reverse lock out cable... the cable came about a centimeter short.. there was no way it was gonna reach and put the pin in, without it disengaging reverse lock out permanently.

I was wondering if anyone with this shifter had this problem... The bottom of the shifter seems too short and the brass portion of the reverse lock out cable seems to just hit it... see pics below.

http://fuzzyshot.com/photos/92/xl_1231029394_1961ee99633418c89e5672317c74ac92.jpg

bottom of the shifter... you can see where it's tapered...

http://fuzzyshot.com/photos/34/xl_1231029387_43f545054da4d007803fc6e68cd7ae34.jpg

the brass fitting of the reverse lock out cable

http://fuzzyshot.com/photos/a6/xl_1231029368_9d0bb95b81cc8d4c139f600fa3e903a6.jpg

this is as far as it goes... and that end of the cable doesn't reach the notch where you put the retaining pin in... the only solution seems to drill it out, but I don't want to do that to a brand new part, that was designed for the car/transmission and drop right in.

Just wondering if there's something I'm missing...

WOWOWOWOW

Do not drill it

It fit right up to my 2008 Spec B I installed my 6mt STS

I found that the end of the cable housing fit up into the bottom of the hand leaver (Counter Sunk)

Also lower the handle part way down to set the cable then move into possition when cable is secure!

I did run into the reverse line housing problem though :( the drive shaft whore throught the cable housing!!! I am just going to make a different houseing the stock housing is like $80!!! Plus it still works now.

WOWOWOWOW

Do not drill it

It fit right up to my 2008 Spec B I installed my 6mt STS

I found that the end of the cable housing fit up into the bottom of the hand leaver (Counter Sunk)

The problem is (see 3rd picture) is that is as far as it goes. I'm going to call Cobb and see what they say.

NOOOOO!!!

that whole head will slide up in there!!!

That is how i got mine to work, look up inside of it.

M

I think what you mean is that whole head SHOULD slide up in there :( ...sadly it does not. In the top pic you can see inner ring it is too thin. There is also a indented line on the bottom of the lever it looks like it should have been cut there, because when I line up the indented line the hight of the lever is the same as the stock lever (which would make the cable long enough to fit). You can see the line in the 3rd picture.

Mine has the grove on the top of the throw arm and the bottom of the shifter arm. These lines show the max range that you can set them at. Have you tride a little sandpaper? the head of mine slide right up about 1inch at least.

Mine has the grove on the top of the throw arm and the bottom of the shifter arm. These lines show the max range that you can set them at. Have you tride a little sandpaper? the head of mine slide right up about 1inch at least.

I haven't tried sandpaper, I don't want to modify anything until I get the new part from Cobb and see how that works.

• 3 weeks later...
well it came in, and it looks like the same diameter as the old one... Now I'm thinking if subaru had different reverse lock out cables for different vin ranges... we'll try but it doesn't work, i guess drilling it is gonna have to be the last resort.

Man i just cannot believe this problem. Mine went right in. A did forget to move the cable though and it chewed through the housing and i have to replace it. I bought a new cable from 5 star performance (Jeremy) tell him that i sent ya. My name is Mark form Texas. Subaru wanted 3 times more than he got it for!!!

Archived