LegacyGT.com

Adopting boss 302 recaro seats into LGT4

Drogos

..not necessarily these exactly but I knew this would get your attention :) To be fare though these are damn nice and fairly cheap for what they are when priced out on ford's www. Ford wants 1600 or so. Pricing out driver's seat when used should be fairly affordable. Using this universal bracket for LGT4 you could theoretically make it happen. What remain unknown is actual height of the seat when mounted etc. Another obvious choice is BRZ seats. basically I am looking for oem type seat with bad ass bolstering. Spec Bs seats are supper comfy for cruising around but after last track session I had big bruise on my left knee. I don't think I care for 100% sports bucket seats with 5 point straps. I want oem convenience and look. Any hints?

I'm interested in this as well. But I like the look of the factory seats since they match the interior, and I kinda like having heated/full power seats.

How realistic would it be to have a shop tear down the factory driver's seat and rebuild it with more bolstering? Obviously it'd need a custom skin then too, but it'd still have all the functionality of factory. Probably not cheap?

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

it's not such a bad idea, definitely expensive thought. I have no clue how bolstering is actually supported but I would imagine that it's not as easy as just adding more material. If you change both front seats as long as these are black and have leather accents, it will still look great. I have to stop by subaru and sit in brz seats again. Premium option are leather/alcantara like ours I think, also heated and I can live without position memory if it means better seat. Non of the options is cheap but I am getting more and more convinced that it's something that I want to do.

Yeah I think most aggressive bolsters have metal bracing because just adding padding material wouldn't do much I don't think.

I sat in a BRZ and an FRS at the auto show and both were more sporty than the LGT for sure, but IIRC they were also noticeably less comfortable in the sense that they had less padding, which would make longer trips less enjoyable.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Archived