LegacyGT.com

Springs; Pinks vs Tein

Fabius

Good day,

I am looking to purchase some springs for my car and i have two running deals at the moment. There is a set of Tein S-Techs that i can purchase and there is also a set of STI Pinks. I did some reviewing and the Pinks seems to be the better road response and feeling springs where as the S-Tech have the better lowering point.

I would like to know why there are so many people with negative remarks towards Teins?

The next question would be is when I do change change my springs over would i be able to run Spec B top hats with my oem kyb shocks?

s-tech are garbage. stay away. they lower the car too much, and they arent stiff enough for that lowering. you will be hitting the bump-stops. get the pinks and be happy

dont you have a 3.0r, so you should have bilstein shocks right? if so you already have spec-b top hats.

If your does not have bilsteins then you can use the stock kyb style top hats just fine. the type of top hat you use has to do with the shock design, not the spring you use.

• 3 months later...
s-tech are garbage. stay away. they lower the car too much, and they arent stiff enough for that lowering. you will be hitting the bump-stops. get the pinks and be happy

dont you have a 3.0r, so you should have bilstein shocks right? if so you already have spec-b top hats.

If your does not have bilsteins then you can use the stock kyb style top hats just fine. the type of top hat you use has to do with the shock design, not the spring you use.

Bumping up an older thread

I have a 3.0R with Bilstein/Spec B suspension, can I use KYB suspension with STI Pinks and keep the same top hats? Or do I need to use other type?

the spec B top hats are specifically for the bilsteins, so using them on regular LGT suspension may result in uneven ride heights. why would you go to KYBs anyways? if your bils are worn, and you dont want to run konis, just get the bils HD, and throw the pinks on them.

the spec B top hats are specifically for the bilsteins, so using them on regular LGT suspension may result in uneven ride heights. why would you go to KYBs anyways? if your bils are worn, and you dont want to run konis, just get the bils HD, and throw the pinks on them.

You brought up something. The only reason why I am thinking of replacing the stock Bilstein is because I think the ride quality is a bit stiff(er) than I think it's suppose to be. Since I am the second owner, I don't really know if stiffness is normalcy? Of course, I still have to replace the two inner bushings of the two front LCA, which, being so old and cracked now, could have contributed to the harsher feel.

Archived