LegacyGT.com

Rota G-force.

Jordan

I am about to pull the trigger on a set of 18x9 +35mm Rota G-forces. The questions I have are what is the significance of the hub diamiter I notice there are 2 available. One is 50 something mm and one is around 70. Is this a pureley aestetic choice or is there any functionality to the hub diameter. Also I have been unable to locate a good reference of pictures for all the the colors available either they are good pictures of 2 colors or crappy pictures of all of them. I was sold on the steel gray after the pictures I saw of that guy with the atlantic blue lgt with the outback grill if those were the steel gray. Also tire wise I am looking to probably throw on some 245 star specs but trying to figure out the best aspect ratio. Should I go 40 or 45 and why. Also wheeldude has the full set for 900 and racing lab has them for 722 am I missing something or is one place just less expensive. Thank you for your help.

The 56.1mm center ring is the perfect fit for the Subaru. If you have a choice, pick that one. If you are stuck with the 70mm center, they'll still work, but the center hole in your rims will be "loose" around your center hubs.

There are differing schools of thought on this: One says that the only benefit of a perfect center hub fit is for ease of putting on your rims. Once your rims are on center, its just a matter of aligning the lugs.

The other school says that correct fitting centers take stress off of your lug bolts.

Personally, I don't think the size of the centers matters all that much (unless the center bore on your rims are smaller than the center hubs on your car, in which case the rims won't fit at all) since once your rims are bolted on, they are bolted on. However, if you have a choice, always pick the ones that fit perfectly. And if you are stuck with 70mm centers, you can always buy hubcentric rings to insert into rims to reduce the centers from 70mm to 56.1mm.

If you are going for 245 tires, between 45 s and 40s, you should go with the 40s. A 245/45/18 diameter will be ginormous compared to the stock diameter. I'm not sure those would fit even after you rolled your fenders, particularly if you are on a modified suspension.

Do remember that the star spec have a huge outer edge on the tire for stickyness and better turning on the track. on my 17x8 g force rims and 225/45/17 star specs fit nice, but i can not get the 235/45/17 to fit without rolling the finders.

You will have to roll your fender lips to fit that offset. And with 245 width, you'll want 35 series sidewalls.

Racing Lab has a perfect fit set of 18x8.5 available, too, for $696. Hyper Black would be awesome with ABP, IMHO.

Wheeldude is subydude.com on this board.

Thank you guys for your input is wheeldude on the board?

We sure are ;) We go as Subydude.com on this board and Suby_Dude on a couple of the other Subaru related forums :) Our site and on other car forums we officially goes as WheelDude.com :cool: If you have any specific questions feel free to PM or call me in the shop, I would be happy to help you out!

The G-Force in 18x9 +35 5x100 is only offered in 73mm hub bore as of right now. If you see them listed on our site (or other sites) as 56.1 then these pages do need updating to the current fitment. Hub bore relates to the center bore of the wheel and you will not be able to tell the difference aesthetically once the wheel is installed. All Subaru's use a 56.1 hub bore and so it is recommended to install hub centric rings to reduce the larger center bore of the wheels to your specific application. We are running a forum promotion right now for free hub rings with purchase of 73mm wheels :)($25 value)

Here are pictures of the various finishes offered in 18x9 5x100 +35 fitment

Steel Grey

http://wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/39755-8/IMG_6064.jpg

Hyper Black

http://wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/74734-2/IMG_9509.jpg

Gun Metallic

http://wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/58953-2/IMG_0732.jpg

Gold

http://wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/69916-2/IMG_8622.jpg

Yamaha Black Blue Lip

http://wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/113810-3/Gforce_18x9_5x100_e35_56_1hb_pcyt_08.jpg

These wheels have a very aggressive fit and will require modifications to fit properly on a Legacy GT. A 245/40/18 tire is actually a little tall for the Legacy and I typically would suggest going to a 245/35/18 tire for ideal fitment (unfortunately not offered on the Z1 Star Spec). Regardless of tire size you will have to at least roll the rear fenders and add a bit of additional camber. If this is a problem then I would suggest sticking to the 18x8.5 +48 model with a 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 tire.

In regards to pricing, our site includes shipping for all orders over $600. Other vendors may list lower pricing however they then tack on $120+ in shipping charges alone which will raise the cost of the order. I can't comment on other vendors but we stock all of our wheels and they ship direct from us, we offer various lug discounts/forum promotions for orders, and we back up our orders with our customer support :cool:

-Dan

Email:Sales@WheelDude.com

Phone:510.651.2956

AIM:WheelDudeSales

Paypal:Sales@SubyDude.com

Thank you for your response. Unfortunatley I have seen pictures of this size wheel fitted to various lgt's and at this point there is no way I can have any size for this wheel. The Z1's seem to come in a 255/35 and a 235'40 would either of those work? Or is there any size Z1 that would work? If I get these am I at least ganna be able to drive them to a shop that can roll my fenders and realign? Also is my stock setup going to allow for enough negative camber to fit these wheels? Thanks.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunatley I have seen pictures of this size wheel fitted to various lgt's and at this point there is no way I can have any size for this wheel. The Z1's seem to come in a 255/35 and a 235'40 would either of those work? Or is there any size Z1 that would work? If I get these am I at least ganna be able to drive them to a shop that can roll my fenders and realign? Also is my stock setup going to allow for enough negative camber to fit these wheels? Thanks.

I don't mean to talk shit or anything, but if you are asking this many n00b questions about rims/tires/suspensions, then you probably shouldn't go for such an extreme rim/tire setup. You are just going to pore a ton of money into a setup that is going to make your car heavier, slower, give you worse gas mileage, will wear your expensive tires quicker (due to need for camber just to fit), will be tougher to sell when you go back to stock, and will give you marginal, if any, handling improvement over the 18X8.5 and 235/40/18 or 225/40/18.

Thank you SC GT but I know what I want. I dont mind rolling fenders just want to see if I can get the -1.5 camber in the rear with mostly stock supsenion (springs) that other people seem to be running with these wheels.

Due to the aggressive fit of this setup and limited adjust ability of the Legacy GT rear camber, I suggest sticking to a smaller stretched tire to aid with fitment. The Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec does run fairly wide for their listed sizes. I would suggest running a 225/40/18 or a 235/40/18 at most as these setups won't be too difficult to fit. A complete rear fender roll is an absolute must when running this setup as well as additional front negative camber.

-Dan

Email:Sales@WheelDude.com

Phone:510.651.2956

AIM:WheelDudeSales

Paypal:Sales@SubyDude.com

Archived