LegacyGT.com

WTF is this in my turbo inlet !?!?

NYCdob

Started tear down for my repairs/ stage 3 build and when I took off the intake (basic upgraded intake setup) I found this metal disk/bowl in the bend of the turbo inlet (stock). Installed the intake onto the inlet back in 06 and hasn't been off since. I would have noticed this thing if it was in the intake or visible in the inlet. So I'm really scratch'n my head on this... Took off intake and saw it right away now. Is there any reason its a part that is supposed to be in there?? It would be some other shit I never heard of to have a part like this floating free in there blocking intake air... Like a restricter plate on kids dirt bike. Pretty sure I would have seen a ton of posts about easy free HP mod... "Pull this out and chuck it.. Done."

uploadfromtaptalk1394780708687.thumb.jpg.2b12a9deef9485e6ae556990e67238b7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394780747026.thumb.jpg.4265ebfe3e9c32cfd7c25f765fd43665.jpg

Bought the car new in 05 ... Installed basic intake about year later and that was not in the intake... I would have never missed it or left it in there... Had to be in the inlet from day 1 ... Factory sabotage??

Never had CEL ... Never felt issue that would make me go looking for it so guess that's proof that stock intake is way more than enough flow at stock and bigger intakes don't make difference since I been running on less than stock air flow w stock turbo for years and never had issues that would lead me to this UFO (unidentified ******* object)

Other weird thing is that it looks like it belongs there!! Perfect diameter and metal as the sleeve inside inlet ... So that would be going above and beyond for factory sabotage finding the perfect FU part ... I'd give him/her credit for that one LOL

Minor front corner accident few years ago... My friend's body shop did the work. Friends w the owner, know the guys that work there... Don't see them doing this, they would have had to purposely take off intake to put this in.

Trust me I have gone through the timeline of the car looking for any possible answer. U know how something like this can drive u crazy looking for any explanation that makes 1/2 sense more than evil fairies or aliens.

Son bitch... That's it... The intake I got used from someone trading in his LGT... It came w generic cone filter that I replaced w a K&N at next tune up after install so never would have noticed missing part off it if not while chucking it in the garbage bin... Its been in the inlet a long time

Thanks for ur help brothers... Now I can stop scratching my head bald... Always can rely on u guys for answers.

Surprised never felt different or code popped w it in there... Guess stock setup has plenty of air coming in even blocked... Definite proof that intake on stock turbo is just for looks and sound.

So I should send back all these stage 3 parts... Remove this disk and call it a power mod .. Stage 1/2 LOL

Archived